3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I was Listening to some old LMFAO, and remembering my Breakdancer days.

Party Rock ,
Neko - Party Rock 3.jpg Neko - Party Rock 2.jpg Neko - Party Rock.jpg

Also, how do you fix the hairline problem? I seems to happen to me VERY rarely, but I never checked into the cause.

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
A character for a game i want to make. I 'want' to make it... so nothing is actually being made yet. I still need to learn more about Daz and Ren'Py etc. to make it a proper game.

But the character should be the Vice Principal of a private, all-girl school.
Age should be mid-30s
View attachment 626446
View attachment 626447
Hope you like her
Updated the cast with two more (still need to make up some names, for now i only have their profession) and added some bios.
Teacher cast.png

Astronomy Professor. 28 y/o. From a military family. Didn't serve in the military herself, but her parents and two younger brothers have. Main interest is astronomy (don't confuse it with astrology in her presence, she'll woop your ass) and her family is most important. Her favourite trait about herself is her trained body and Heterochromia.
Astronomy Professor head.png Astronomy Professor.png

Oceanology Professor: 27 y/o. Both parents died when she was young, and she was raised by her grandparents whom she loves dearly. Bit of a hippie, she loves nature and can come off as a bit goofy. She just sees no reason to be grumpy and wants to enjoy life. Her favourite trait is her striking blue eyes paired with her long, dark hair.
Oceanology Professor head.png Oceanology Professor.png

Vice Principal: 38 y/o. Always worked hard in her life and prides herself to be the one who will be the next principal of a private, all-girl school. More serious than her two teachers, she is strict but very loving to those she cares about. Especially her 2 y/o son and her husband.
Vice Principal head.png Vice Principal.png

Aug 30, 2019
I was Listening to some old LMFAO, and remembering my Breakdancer days.

Party Rock ,
View attachment 627405 View attachment 627406 View attachment 627408

Also, how do you fix the hairline problem? I seems to happen to me VERY rarely, but I never checked into the cause.
This happens because your hair cap is intersecting with her forehead. Either make it bigger or make it smaller. Making it bigger is usually the better option as you risk the hair clipping into her if you make it smaller.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Question:
why after a 100% render
I have a result like this that can tell me what setting I need to do thank you in advance.
The others gave some good advice already. I don't know if you let Daz run overnight but what might have happened is that the render didn't go to 100% but just timed out after the allotted time (standard is 7200 seconds) Seen as you had 4 characters in one render it might be your video card didn't have enough memory and Daz defaulted back to CPU rendering which is a lot slower than rendering by GPU (at least a factor of 10-20 slower).

Trendy coffee shop, part II: i13 included some other brick surfaces in the textures that came with the set, so I used a lighter brick background. I used an emissive plane primitive to bring the room lighting up to daylight lighting, as well as adding an outdoor HDRI to bring some outside light in. I dropped the background and placed another plane primitive and put a picture from Pexels (royalty-free for commercial use) on the surface for the exterior street scene. I prefer the control that a plane primitive gives me. I realized I textured the middle table wrong, and I fixed the textures on the upper beams, tiling the wood pattern and adding roughness. It still took a hella long time to render, and I am suspecting that is because of all the stuff going on in the scene off camera. Because of the daylight lighting, the vinyl floor that I laid is now visible.

This is all on the theme of making things with free stuff: The trendy coffee shop was picked up for free with coupons from Daz3D over the weekend, the wood textures were free from another site, the wall art is all free from the Smithsonian Institute under the Creative Commons 2.0 policy, the background image (street scene) was royalty-free for commercial use from Pexels. More details here at the Free Stuff for Daz3D thread.

Total cost for all assets in this scene: $0.

Value of creating great art without having to shell out more money to Daz3D: Priceless.
Looks awesome. What a new lick of paint (textures?) can do. It really helps set a scene apart if it doesn't look like one that has been in 300 other artworks and/or games.

I made a short tutorial about it here.

Colored edition:
I don't have the reference of the coloured one but I'm quite partial to the black and white one.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Looks awesome. What a new lick of paint (textures?) can do. It really helps set a scene apart if it doesn't look like one that has been in 300 other artworks and/or games.
That was exactly the point. I am trying to take stock assets and re-purpose them so that they look like something "new" except to anyone that is looking really closely. I just saw this environment used in Summer Scent and aside from moving the table into the middle of the room to get better camera angles, it was completely as sold. I am trying to avoid that and create a more unique experience.

I am working on that for the clothing boutique as well, populating the racks with actual clothes that are wearable by the characters. It always mystifies me when someone is shopping at a rack of generic t-shirts and comes out the dressing room with a knockout dress or swimsuit that wasn't anywhere in the store.

Reactions: MovieMike and GNVE
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes