3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hi everyone

Im still quite bit new to daz but I've been practising for a couple of week and this will be my first render I have uploaded, I still need learn to better control lighting in scenes but hope you guys like the render. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated

View attachment 666772
Its a nice render, but in my opinion the lighting is too uniform. I think to give it a bit more realism you need to dim the room lights a bit, and add a bloom effect you can find it in filtering. if you give a value of 50000 and then change the glow value and the power value so you get the step spheres to glow. play around with thoes settings until something looks right. that would look even better.

but it is only a suggestion. :)

Reactions: TryH4rd

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
I tried to realize my environment like I wanted. Lots of dforce fabrics, I really it :giggle: Some flowers and a new girl :love:
HDRI environments is quite good and offer homogeneous light in the room, isn't it?

I used denoiser and it's better but if you have some tips to improve skin and get more bump. I need to have more realism in this part.

For theses scenes, I had lots of render with collisions problems. I add smooth modifier and it's ok in viewport but not after rendering. So I used post work.

View attachment 666557 View attachment 666558 View attachment 666694 View attachment 666560 View attachment 666561
First of all.. great job!! Keep it up!

Now for the comments that might help.. i hope anyways! :)

1. I think that the lighting is a bit too much. The chair for example is overexposed!!! Either decrease the luminosity, or underexpose your image (change the f-stop or the shutter speed of your camera in render settings) to balance that.

2. The lighting is good, but a bit too uniform for my tastes. There are no shadows, no depth and.. well.. too much as i said in No1. Look at your house during a sunny day. You will still find spots that are a bit shadowey, some will be overrun by light, some other might be (let's say) normalish.. There is no contrast in the scene if you get my point. Try to create some of these spots. And by using an hdri for an indoor scene, i suggest you do this:
- First build the scene without an hdri. Light it as an indoor scene and on the render settings use: scene only.
- Then, when you are happy with the lighting, you can create your own hdri of the indoor lighting scene. To do that, you can watch this one:
- I would do multiple renders on the scene. And let me translate this a bit. I would go with some of the scenes components (e.g. i would delete -well not delete but hide- the walls or some other parts of the interior) and light the whole thing with only the hdri. Render. Then i would hide the hdri and render the scene with all the components. Then later, i would use photoshop to bind all of them together and create the result of my liking.

3. As far as the realistic skin, too much light destroys details. I don't know if your are using any HD model on this scene (i would recommend it if you don't know the exact details on how to play with bumps and SSS -as i do-), but if you are you wouldn't have seen this on this bright image. Again.. No1. There are a lot of tutorials oute there for realistic skin management in Daz, but i haven't even gone there. It's too much for a new user I think. If you can get the lighting as good as it gets, using HD models will increase the realism of your images. Then, you can try and mess with all the settings.

4. When you say collisions? What kind? Give us an example or even better a render witout post work.

5. At the third image, where she is laying on the couch, the model relatively with the couch is posed a bit weird. Like she is floating. When things get a bit unnatural, even the smallest of details, our eyes have the tendency to pick it up immediately! It's just.. something is wrong there, even if you don't get it at first. Try to fix this. Don't be afraid to over-do a pose (e.g. try to sink her ass and her foot in the couch or the sheet). Otherwise it might be off world a lot more!

My first render was totally shitty due to lack of understanding of lighting. I watched like 500 tutorials on lighting, not only for daz but in general. I'm still a worthless piece of sh*t (hahahah) but my renders are more lifelike now. Most people you see here that publish their first render have on common mistake, lighting. And this is natural and I am not saying that they suck or whatever. I did the same thing (still do sometimes). As i've said before.. use your eyes and your surroundings to see what is really happening in the world out there. Combine it with some tutorials and your renders will be 1000% better instantly.

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone

Im still quite bit new to daz but I've been practising for a couple of week and this will be my first render I have uploaded, I still need learn to better control lighting in scenes but hope you guys like the render. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated

View attachment 666772
Our friend here is correct of course :)

Its a nice render, but in my opinion the lighting is too uniform. I think to give it a bit more realism you need to dim the room lights a bit, and add a bloom effect you can find it in filtering. if you give a value of 50000 and then change the glow value and the power value so you get the step spheres to glow. play around with thoes settings until something looks right. that would look even better.

but it is only a suggestion. :)
Also:

- I don't really like the camera angle. With the proper camera angle you can tell a story just with one image. I'm not saying you should be Stanley Kubrick right from the start of course. But do you like your camera angle? It's coming from the top, we can't see the model correctly, no feet (but too much wall above her head).. little things like that, that if improved will get you a better result.

- Also, to add to my friend upstairs ( :p ), the room is so overexposed that you can't see the the wall on her right is actually coming towards the camera and it is not going straight. Reduce the luminocity or the intensity of your lights/dome or whatever and your scene will be much more realistic. Read the things that i wrote just above this comment, for our other friend for his first attempts :)

Everyone keep up the good job :)

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I tried to realize my environment like I wanted. Lots of dforce fabrics, I really it :giggle: Some flowers and a new girl :love:
HDRI environments is quite good and offer homogeneous light in the room, isn't it?

I used denoiser and it's better but if you have some tips to improve skin and get more bump. I need to have more realism in this part.

For theses scenes, I had lots of render with collisions problems. I add smooth modifier and it's ok in viewport but not after rendering. So I used post work.

View attachment 666557 View attachment 666558 View attachment 666694 View attachment 666560 View attachment 666561
I'm always SUPER JELLY of anyone who can get dForce to ACTUALLY work. Renders look great btw.

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Updated photorealism attempt.

I’ve started using the bump and normal maps in a displacement node in Cycles, rather than plugging them into the bump node. Using Subdiv 2 export gives enough polygons for the maps to have a nice effect on the model without requiring adaptive subdivision, which can increase render times.

I’m pretty happy with this shader, because I think it’s really helping to get rid of the too-smooth mannequin look Daz often suffers from.

EDIT: Added another image.

View attachment 665534 View attachment 665584
Stunning

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Hi everyone

View attachment 666772
I suggest no light directly upfront on the character. That makes it look flat. Try a 45 degree angle from your camera and place the light a bit up top to shine from above or a bit from the side.
Blender Guru has some nice videos abt lighting and other stuff you can check:

Reactions: TryH4rd and pim0

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
Hi everyone

View attachment 666772
I'm also a bit of a noob at Daz, but my suggestion for lighting:
Don't use spotlights, pointlights or distant-lights to light your scene, unless you really know what you're doing.
Use surface lights:
Go to Create -> new primitive and select 'plane'
Select the plane.. go to 'surfaces'... find Emissions and turn that on. This will make the plane give light.
Use the temperature for intensity of the colour of the light (low is more reddish-light... high is more white-light)
and the Lumen and Intenisty is more for how bright it is.
Then just place the Plane with the paremetres tab where you want it and how to angle it

I like these lights the best since they are more sublte to use than Spot/point lights.
Also... don't forget to turn the enviroment-lights off:
Render settings tab.... find the 'Enviroments'
Turn the Eviroment Intensity, Map and Lighting Resolution all the way to 0. All three just to be safe to have only your new lights in the scene and not the overall enviroment lights.

Reactions: TryH4rd
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes