3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

X3rr4

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
Space Pirate Hanna: "How much did they pay you to betray me Quinn!?"

scifi-1-public.jpg

Quinn: "Enough to get my own ship & crew."
Space Pirate Hanna: "I'm glad, would have hated to kill you for some chump change.."

scifi-2-public.jpg

Quinn: "FUC...UrrrGGHhhh..."
Space Pirate Hanna: "Word of advice; If gonna aim big, improve your fuckin' aim!"

scifi-3-public.jpg

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
Hi everyone

Im still quite bit new to daz but I've been practising for a couple of week and this will be my first render I have uploaded, I still need learn to better control lighting in scenes but hope you guys like the render. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated

View attachment 666772
I'm also a bit of a noob at Daz, but my suggestion for lighting:
Don't use spotlights, pointlights or distant-lights to light your scene, unless you really know what you're doing.
Use surface lights:
Go to Create -> new primitive and select 'plane'
Select the plane.. go to 'surfaces'... find Emissions and turn that on. This will make the plane give light.
Use the temperature for intensity of the colour of the light (low is more reddish-light... high is more white-light)
and the Lumen and Intenisty is more for how bright it is.
Then just place the Plane with the paremetres tab where you want it and how to angle it

I like these lights the best since they are more sublte to use than Spot/point lights.
Also... don't forget to turn the enviroment-lights off:
Render settings tab.... find the 'Enviroments'
Turn the Eviroment Intensity, Map and Lighting Resolution all the way to 0. All three just to be safe to have only your new lights in the scene and not the overall enviroment lights.
I agree. Though, you can use a mixture of both actually for better results. Spotlights/pointlights are usefull enough. Distant lights.. nah. Don't like them. But you have to know how to use them. play with the properties. You can have subtle results also.

I first started using primitives also. Then i tried to learn how to control the spotlights to my benefit. Took some effort but not more than the primitives. Because with the primitives you also need to experiment a lot. How far will you put the surfuce. What shape you want. The angle. Still there is a lot of experiment to do.

Also, the temperature is a bit difficult to manage if you don't know how it works. Low temp gives off a yellow light. Not reddish exactly. Low temp lights are usually used in living rooms or bedrooms, cause you have to have warmth in your lighting. High temp lights are used in large rooms, like schools, hospitals, kitchens (

One thing everyone can do is actually find a photo (either your photo or on the internet
I suggest no light directly upfront on the character. That makes it look flat. Try a 45 degree angle from your camera and place the light a bit up top to shine from above or a bit from the side.
Blender Guru has some nice videos abt lighting and other stuff you can check:
Try Blender Guru. Great tutorials! Also try WP-Guru

Lots of gurus out there!!! hahahahah!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes