3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
So, I "think" I've got the hang of lighting. I've only been using DAZ since the start of this lockdown. Everything I've learned so far has been trial and error. It's been fun. I wouldn't mind learninng Marvelous designer, so I can make my own clothing. This is something I've never really done before. Never created a person outside of the Sims until a few months ago. Never really done any kind of 3D modelling prior to this. I've simply been using this time off work to mess around and it's been a whole lot of fun. I changed out the hair, and yes, I see the clipping (grrr)...

Not a bad Sunday, learned a lot of new tricks with regards to lighting.

View attachment 685220
She so cute! But I'd still have sex with her.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Iray is Nvidia's render engine, that's why AMD cards don't and will never work with it, Daz and Nvidia are definitely in bed with each other lol. As far as I'm aware, render farms (CPU or GPU) are for big productions or those that need to render a semi large production (like an ad) on a more infrequent basis. For people like you and I and everyone else here making comics, VN's,games which are small projects but frequently, we're much better off just forking out the cash for a GPU.
Rendering works with AMD cards, the only thing that doesn't work is this:
Capture.PNG

No iray preview under AMD, that's all.

Jul 1, 2018
Rendering works with AMD cards, the only thing that doesn't work is this:
View attachment 685335

No iray preview under AMD, that's all.
If you don't have an Nvidia card, its rendering on CPU. You've got an AMD card? Try this thread, download the benchmark scene and render it and see how it compares to the equivalent Nvidia GPU and see how it compares to your CPU in the list, you'll see what I mean.

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
If you don't have an Nvidia card, its rendering on CPU. You've got an AMD card? Try this thread, download the benchmark scene and render it and see how it compares to the equivalent Nvidia GPU and see how it compares to your CPU in the list, you'll see what I mean.

With the DS comes 3 render engine: OpenGL, 3Delight and Iray. Videocards from AMD can render OpenGL (these are all viewport modes except Iray, but you can also change the engine in the image output and render for example mesh), 3Delight uses a CPU, and Nvidia Iray naturally works only with Nvidia video cards.
For some reason, many people think that Iray and DAZ Studio are the same thing :) This is not so, Iray is a third-party engine from Nvidia, just included in the delivery. The same is OpenGL (from Khronos Group) and 3Delight (DNA) In addition to these render engines, you can connect others to the DS, for example, Octane.

Last edited:

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
DAZ Studio 4.10 and built-in render engine Scripted 3Delight (outline script) + minor postwork in GIMP:
shefreak_and_cara.png

Mix Scripted 3Delight (outline) and Iray. Assembly 3 layers in GIMP:

ol_posebed_3layers.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018
With the DS comes 3 render engine: OpenGL, 3Delight and Iray. Videocards from AMD can render OpenGL (these are all viewport modes except Iray, but you can also change the engine in the image output and render for example mesh), 3Delight uses a CPU, and Nvidia Iray naturally works only with Nvidia video cards.
Exactly, I even said Iray is Nvidia's render engine, I was talking about Iray and GPU's as you can see in the post of mine that was quoted and the posts before where the line of discussion was all about GPU's, if someone says AMD cards work with Iray and someone reads that and goes and drops money on an AMD card to find it doesn't deliver anything close to the relevant Nvidia GPU or deliver at all because they want to render in Iray (as 99% of us are doing here), then they're going to be pissed they dropped their money on it, this is getting twisted in a completely different direction from what I was discussing lol.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes