3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
I'm generally ably to render 4k images in a reasonable time frame. generally I can do a set of 6 images within the 18-ish hours I work and sleep (don't know the exact render time of course but I limit the time to 4 hours. Which seems fine for most renders. Not unlike my HD renders.
How do you render a 'set'?
I'd love to render stuff overnight so i don't have to sit and wait untill the individual renders are done, but i have no idea how.
How do you get DaZ to render multiple images in succession?

Jul 1, 2018
For the PC issue (almost everyone is having)..

When i did some research on what PC to buy (because my PC is very old and shitty when it comes to dealing with 3d modeling) i came to the conclusion that, CPU and GPU (regardless the software) are for two different things.

GPU is for the modelling and scene creation mostly (i know that some render engines are working with GPU now but still.. memory of GPU's are still an issue), and CPU is for rendering most of the times. So it depends on what you want.

If you need something powerfull to boost up your scene creation, GPU is the way for you to spend more money on. If it is renders and redner time-quality, then CPU is the most important (and RAM of course).

If you want all of these.. i'm guessing 1.5-2.0k give you a descent overall PC. For animation, well... double it i think for an overall PC.
This would have been correct about a year or so ago but even blender is now taking advantage of Nvidia CUDA cores in its latest build and GPU rendering kicks the shit out of CPU rendering now. That's not even taking into consideration other even faster GPU render engine add ons like Octane or E-cycles. GPU tech is progressing much faster for rendering purposes than CPU's ever will be able to, even CPU render farms are starting to be replaced with GPU render farms for smaller projects (I think larger projects like films still use CPU farms for their stability and memory requirements). Get a CPU that can keep up at least but if render quality and time is what you're after then your best bet for now are Nvidia cards. That's not to say AMD won't be more supported by render engines in the future (not Daz iray though) but for now it really seems like that is what Nvidia is trying to lock in place and get the 3D artist crowd as AMD goes more for the gaming side of things.

Reactions: koleoptero

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
This would have been correct about a year or so ago but even blender is now taking advantage of Nvidia CUDA cores in its latest build and GPU rendering kicks the shit out of CPU rendering now. That's not even taking into consideration other even faster GPU render engine add ons like Octane or E-cycles. GPU tech is progressing much faster for rendering purposes than CPU's ever will be able to, even CPU render farms are starting to be replaced with GPU render farms for smaller projects (I think larger projects like films still use CPU farms for their stability and memory requirements). Get a CPU that can keep up at least but if render quality and time is what you're after then your best bet for now are Nvidia cards. That's not to say AMD won't be more supported by render engines in the future (not Daz iray though) but for now it really seems like that is what Nvidia is trying to lock in place and get the 3D artist crowd as AMD goes more for the gaming side of things.
At least you were polite :) hahaha! Yeah.. I know that GPU rendering is going to be a feature and render engines try to do it in GPU (more power in GPUs). Right now not all the render engines do that. Anyway.. I think I have to research again what to do. Thanks for the info btw :) it helps a lot

Reactions: DerangedAristocrat

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
GPU render farms for smaller projects
As far as I know, DAZ 3D has been working on such a farm for at least three years now. Whether they were sponsored by Nvidia or not, I don’t know, but the prices for such solutions are sky-high and the price list says “Call” (5 zeros as minimum)

Jul 1, 2018
As far as I know, DAZ 3D has been working on such a farm for at least three years now. Whether they were sponsored by Nvidia or not, I don’t know, but the prices for such solutions are sky-high and the price list says “Call” (5 zeros as minimum)
Iray is Nvidia's render engine, that's why AMD cards don't and will never work with it, Daz and Nvidia are definitely in bed with each other lol. As far as I'm aware, render farms (CPU or GPU) are for big productions or those that need to render a semi large production (like an ad) on a more infrequent basis. For people like you and I and everyone else here making comics, VN's,games which are small projects but frequently, we're much better off just forking out the cash for a GPU.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArturiousDesign
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes