3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
You can very well avoid this if you optimize character textures )

On fingers:
a standard set of character textures takes ~2-4 gigabytes (4k) and the computer shows the middle finger with 5 characters, but for such a render in FullHD it is enough to reduce the textures to 0.5k and 5 characters can easily fit where there used to be one.
View attachment 684349
~500 MB optimized textures (0.5-1k), ~1000 iterations in FullHD (99% quality) and... ~1 minute render time on GTX 2060Super (also true for 4k render).
By the way, with a limited budget I recommend this video card instead of buying 1080, 2060S faster.
Cool I will try that. didnt think of it in that way. Many Thanks :)

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
You can animate a 2D image, or from 2D. One of these days, I'll do it.

Live2D is a paid option, which has strong Tyranobuilder integration. A lot of Japanese games use it.

Many 2D games use Spine.

There's Dragonbones for people who want FOSS.

Just because the 2D art out of Daz doesn't have lines like a cartoon doesn't mean it can't be animated.

Of course, if you want to do 3D animation... well, a lot of people use stuff like SFM these days. Daz is a little unwieldy for animation, I think.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I have rendered lots of different scenes. I don't think shaders or hairs could effect time that much. I have Gtx1080 mini, Almost full HDD and 16GB ram.

I am rendering 3840px in 1:1 ratiot not 2160p in 16:9.
Shaders don't affect the rendering time or if they do, it's not perceptible (If the camera's not too zoomed in on the hair(daz, close up or very faraway needs time to build the details) but with such a high resolution on this kind of graphics card, yes, it increases the rendering time considerably. Not counting all the other stuff like lights, shadows, etc...

Last edited:

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
For the PC issue (almost everyone is having)..

When i did some research on what PC to buy (because my PC is very old and shitty when it comes to dealing with 3d modeling) i came to the conclusion that, CPU and GPU (regardless the software) are for two different things.

GPU is for the modelling and scene creation mostly (i know that some render engines are working with GPU now but still.. memory of GPU's are still an issue), and CPU is for rendering most of the times. So it depends on what you want.

If you need something powerfull to boost up your scene creation, GPU is the way for you to spend more money on. If it is renders and redner time-quality, then CPU is the most important (and RAM of course).

If you want all of these.. i'm guessing 1.5-2.0k give you a descent overall PC. For animation, well... double it i think for an overall PC.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
For the PC issue (almost everyone is having)..

When i did some research on what PC to buy (because my PC is very old and shitty when it comes to dealing with 3d modeling) i came to the conclusion that, CPU and GPU (regardless the software) are for two different things.

GPU is for the modelling and scene creation mostly (i know that some render engines are working with GPU now but still.. memory of GPU's are still an issue), and CPU is for rendering most of the times. So it depends on what you want.

If you need something powerfull to boost up your scene creation, GPU is the way for you to spend more money on. If it is renders and redner time-quality, then CPU is the most important (and RAM of course).

If you want all of these.. i'm guessing 1.5-2.0k give you a descent overall PC. For animation, well... double it i think for an overall PC.
What you say is only valid for Open GL and 3Delight.
But if you want to render in Iray, you have to use the GPU and cpu level anything will do the same for the ram. It is useless to have 64gb of ram if your graphics card has only 8 or 11gb. In Iray only gpu only the VRAM will be used(Basically if the scene is over VRAM daz will crash), so invest in the gpu and the rest will be done with what's left of the budget.

So a used 1080 TI will do very well for a small budget for a good start.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unexpected Error

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
Shaders don't affect the rendering time
Shader options related to translucency and volume can make your rendering time catastrophic.
For example, take a regular cube with standard material, measure the rendering time, and now change the translucency in the shader and add volume. Oops!
In certain situations, an improperly configured shader can increase the rendering time by tens of times. This very often applies to hair shaders.
A used 1080TI costs about $700 and it no longer has full support for DS 4.12 / Iray 2020 RTX. Sorry, but your advice is to throw money away.

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Shader options related to translucency and volume can make your rendering time catastrophic.
For example, take a regular cube with standard material, measure the rendering time, and now change the translucency in the shader and add volume. Oops!
In certain situations, an improperly configured shader can increase the rendering time by tens of times. This very often applies to hair shaders.
Sometimes it's even faster with the right shaders... Example if the shaders do not alter the base texture.

koleoptero

Mar 3, 2020
What you say is only valid for Open GL and 3Delight.
But if you want to render in Iray, you have to use the GPU and cpu level anything will do the same for the ram. It is useless to have 64gb of ram if your graphics card has only 8 or 11gb. In Iray only gpu only the VRAM will be used(Basically if the scene is over VRAM daz will crash), so invest in the gpu and the rest will be done with what's left of the budget.

I agree there. I wasn't talking about Daz only there. It was more of a general research for me because i want to learn to use blender alongside Daz, or software with different render engines. And i am all for my hobby and passing of time. I don't do it to make a game or a novel or something. maybe sometime but that's not my main goal right now. This is laso the reason why i am struggling to even think of an idea or a cencept for my next scene. Cause i don't have a goal or something specific in mind. But my PC is really struggling and for a 2k complex scene it takes me hours and hours.. I know I have to do reasearch on the individual software that i want to use and build a PC that is good for all of them (in this case 2 mostly) so.. back to the drawing board for me.. :p

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018

A used 1080TI costs about $700 and it no longer has full support for DS 4.12 / Iray 2020 RTX. Sorry, but your advice is to throw money away.
If I can render with the 1080 on beta 4.12.6 a 1080 TI should do it too, right?

At least the 1080 TI has 11GB ram like a 2080 RTX even if there is less cuda and RTX specs. Moreover if you are patient and if you are looking for a good one you will find it at 400/450 euros of the 1080 TI finally it is the case in France.

Below the 2080 RTX it's poop it's worth the price compared to a 1080 TI, and it will save you from buying a card 1 year later because you'll be tired of being limited in your scenes.

I agree there. I wasn't talking about Daz only there. It was more of a general research for me because i want to learn to use blender alongside Daz, or software with different render engines. And i am all for my hobby and passing of time. I don't do it to make a game or a novel or something. maybe sometime but that's not my main goal right now. This is laso the reason why i am struggling to even think of an idea or a cencept for my next scene. Cause i don't have a goal or something specific in mind. But my PC is really struggling and for a 2k complex scene it takes me hours and hours.. I know I have to do reasearch on the individual software that i want to use and build a PC that is good for all of them (in this case 2 mostly) so.. back to the drawing board for me.. :p
Well you're on a thread on DAZ Studio so I'm just talking about DAZ.

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
Below the 2080 RTX it's poop it's worth the price compared to a 1080 TI, and it will save you from buying a card 1 year later because you'll be tired of being limited in your scenes.
Until February of this year, I used a laptop with GF540M/1GB and this gave a good increase in the optimization skill in DS. I have little idea where others find problems with VRAM, if in 5 minutes you can always reduce the size of textures to normal and render an orgy with 5 characters in a reasonable amount of time :)
back to the drawing board for me.. :p
  • Palit GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming Pro
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
  • Kingston HyperX FURY Black, 2x16Gb
  • 500 GB SSD M.2/PCI-E WD Blue SN550
  • case/power/little things
  • month without beer (

Last edited:
Reactions: koleoptero

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Until February of this year, I used a laptop with GF540M/1GB and this gave a good increase in the optimization skill in DS. I have little idea where others find problems with VRAM, if in 5 minutes you can always reduce the size of textures to normal and render an orgy with 5 characters in a reasonable amount of time
Look with a 1080 8gb (without donwsizing textures), imagine with 11gb
Menagea5.png

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
imagine with 11gb
6 characters in FullHD and hair for them, plus some clothes/environment textures? Hmm, let me see...
6-7GB VRAM. The rest, available for the 1080TI, 16GB are idle, right? ;)
The RTX series has a big plus in that it allows you to twist such scenes in almost real time. This saves a lot of time in the viewport when setting the correct light. Hardware raytracing improves performance as if there were a couple additional thousand cuda-cores on the graphics card.

Last edited:

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
6 characters in FullHD and hair for them, plus some clothes/environment textures? Hmm, let me see...
6-7GB VRAM. The rest, available for the 1080TI, 16GB are idle, right? ;)
The RTX series has a big plus in that it allows you to twist such scenes in almost real time. This saves a lot of time in the viewport when setting the correct light. Hardware raytracing improves performance as if there were a couple additional thousand cuda-cores on the graphics card.
You can 7 char + hair + cloths + env + 2 lights max or a lot emissive light with 8gb (without resizing). It's the most I could do after he crash.
My max:
With this scene + ONE light = crash
poolclub.png

Then I don't know where the 16gb comes from, but I don't really want to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: DooRetsam
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes