3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Firstly, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Protagonists, so we're supposed to cheer for them - is sinister the way to go, then?
Is the secondary protag supposed to be military? Her hair is totally not regulation.
To answer your above questions, the male protagonist would have been forced to work for an organisation that did have good intentions, but chose to do things in a secretive manner, i.e. kill people who need killing. And he had to work for them because it was better than the alternative of a bullet to the head.

As for the hair of the female protagonist, she would have been a junior engineering officer on a civilian medical ship, so not military.

Again, thanks.

oliseo

May 11, 2020
Dani.png

So I decided to make another custom character. One that hopefully won't see me end in jail. !!! :D :D Was totally not thinking. I keep downloading stuff, and then playing around with it. Everything is new. Lesson learned, and I'm grateful it was on here and not in a room full of my peers!! ha ha ha.... Meet Dani!!!

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I suggest not buying a new pc for $600. The point is if you buy a weak PC you will regret it later. Just like Empiric said, it's better to learn more. Fenella works on CPU and does great renders. You can do it too. Keep experimenting for a while. Try 3delight render. Or render in Interactive mode. Render Environment separately then Models. Try heavy post-work and a good amount of denoiser. There is struggle this way but if you spend $600 now for a very mediocre pc, you will regret it really bad later and nobody can tell how good that $600 will be compared to what you have. it's risky.

My wild guess on the price range for a decent rig is 1.5k-4k USD. I am drooling at the idea of RTX 3080(Dreaming) and Unreal engine 5. :rolleyes: Just a personal take.
I kinda understood like half of what you wrote. I'm kind of computer illiterate. I just know how to pose models and hit render. I just want it to work and not be slow when I move the camera or slow everything down when I move from Texture shaded to N-Iray. 1-2 Models and I'm fine,3+ and it just "Not Responding".

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
If your only goal is to make games then another idea is to learn drawing. 3 years ago I read a couple of books on anatomy and anime drawing and the results weren't bad. 2d Games are also somewhat in demand here. Summertime Saga is at top right now.

well, I guess I have an excuse to show my art here. hohoho.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know Daz Thread. Make an exception and it's only to make a point.

Edit: Damn I opened the link and that $700 PC looks good.
Im not interested in 2d art. I want to learn 3d art so I can eventually go to school for Animation. One day when I'm 60yrs old I want to be avengers level good.

Reactions: Cul

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
View attachment 684203

So I decided to make another custom character. One that hopefully won't see me end in jail. !!! :D :D Was totally not thinking. I keep downloading stuff, and then playing around with it. Everything is new. Lesson learned, and I'm grateful it was on here and not in a room full of my peers!! ha ha ha.... Meet Dani!!!
I want to be doing THIS Level of awesome work one day. I just don't know how.

Tranquil Rain

Jul 8, 2018
What do you guys think of this? These each took 30-45mins to render to 100%. I think they look Meh.

I just set up the models and Rendered with Denioser on.
View attachment 684206 View attachment 684207 View attachment 684208 View attachment 684209 View attachment 684210
Not a bad start, honestly would look into this post here https://f95zone.to/threads/three-point-light-setup-for-better-lighting.47641/

First time I looked through the post I overlooked the height and width setting of spotlights and regret that now. it can change the images dramatically (softer shadows), some examples:
Definitely learned something new today, and hopefully tomorrows renders end up even better now.
Edit: also this for creating some fresh faces https://f95zone.to/threads/daz-studio-tutorials-tips.21586/#post-1342078

Last edited:

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
This one is mostly straight out of Daz. 3000 iterations with denoiser kicking in at 2000. Took around 3 hours. I probably could have stopped it sooner but I was pre-occupied so I let it cook. I did a little post on this to scale it down from 4K and to make the jewelry and fireplace pop a little more.

A kiss by the fire _2.jpg

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
A very nice character and impressive art. If only I had the money for it I could have used it in-game. Where are the tails from?
The cat one is from the catgirl pack and the black one is actually free one you can grab it here:

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
I have that black tail but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. Posing wasn't working at all. The tail was straight and morphs didn't move it. The universal tool couldn't move it either. How to use it?
Easy. Load the tail, right click it, select parent to, parent it to character's hip. Then you might wanna set in the "style and poses" of the tail to preview render on so you can see it and you can pose it however you want.

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
CausticTasya.png
You can use as wallpaper. Made because I’m tired of the old wallpaper.
P.S. The number of iterations doesn't always affect the rendering time, but their large number usually always indicates some technical difficulties (or problems) in the scene.

Last edited:

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
View attachment 684203

She is Lovely. :)

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
I tried something like the first image with all the characters on the couch. My computer gave me the Finger and said FUCK YOU!!!!
You can very well avoid this if you optimize character textures )

On fingers:
a standard set of character textures takes ~2-4 gigabytes (4k) and the computer shows the middle finger with 5 characters, but for such a render in FullHD it is enough to reduce the textures to 0.5k and 5 characters can easily fit where there used to be one.
cara-warrior-fhd-wallpaper-grey.png
~500 MB optimized textures (0.5-1k), ~1000 iterations in FullHD (99% quality) and... ~1 minute render time on RTX 2060Super (also true for 4k render).
By the way, with a limited budget I recommend this video card instead of buying 1080, 2060S faster.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes