3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
If you don't have an Nvidia card, its rendering on CPU. You've got an AMD card? Try this thread, download the benchmark scene and render it and see how it compares to the equivalent Nvidia GPU and see how it compares to your CPU in the list, you'll see what I mean.

Yes we agree that the cpu level rendering speed, is not worth the prowess of a nvidia card that has already been mentioned here. But you can render with an AMD card, and my source is here, the guy who made this site has an AMD card...

And he specifies in one of this post that only the IRAY preview doesn't work with an AMD card. I didn't wonder which one, I couldn't find them, there's so many of them and it's a bit of a mess xD But it is possible to rendering IRAY with an AMD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfredy78
Jul 1, 2018
All the same, he said that AMD cards work with OpenGL. Although clumsily said, yep )
No, I said AMD won't work with Iray, he responded and said nothing about OpenGL, it was about Iray.

Yes we agree that the cpu level rendering speed, is not worth the prowess of a nvidia card that has already been mentioned here. But you can render with an AMD card, and my source is here, the guy who made this site has an AMD card...

And he specifies in one of this post that only the IRAY preview doesn't work with an AMD card. I didn't wonder which one, I couldn't find them, there's so many of them and it's a bit of a mess xD But it is possible to go to IRAY with an AMD card.
Virus blocker won't let me view that link.

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
I think 3Delight was used there. It’s just that the render is very different from the usual Iray output, it’s more simplified. That is, the video card did not participate in the process, 3Delight works only with the CPU.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
No, I said AMD won't work with Iray, he responded and said nothing about OpenGL, it was about Iray.

Virus blocker won't let me view that link.
Faux-positive okok
Like i said : The mess
Capture.PNG

smtp.free.fr are not securised then faux-positive

I think 3Delight was used there. It’s just that the render is very different from the usual Iray output, it’s more simplified. That is, the video card did not participate in the process, 3Delight works only with the CPU.
he was showing the new features of daz 4.10 or 11 and in render setting was well set up in IRAY.

Last edited:

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
Larry Kubiac
Iray just can't work with AMD video cards, the chip architecture is different. This cannot be fixed by any drivers or hacks. It is at the hardware level.

P.S. Although ... I thought, well, purely theoretically (!) :) You can write a parser that will be executed on the CPU, and then transfer the data to the AMD graphics card. I'm only afraid of performance, such a parser will be slower than directly rendering Iray to the CPU

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
You can write a parser that will be executed on the CPU, and then transfer the data to the AMD graphics card. I'm only afraid of performance, such a parser will be slower than directly rendering Iray to the CPU
Logically, if the cpu INTEL/AMD can do IRAY I don't see why an AMD card can't do it INTEL/AMD CPU, GPU Nvidia/AMD has 4 different architectures and I don't see why only 3 could do it ???? You've been vile GPU AMD you're punished ???

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
Well, he's not as dumb as us then, why not.
Emmm... you know, I don’t consider myself stupid. I have been subscribing to the blogs of the Iray and MDL developers, I read the specifications changes and (oh, horror!) I even understand what they write about (

RelaxArt

Mar 22, 2017
You see, in Iray, the output is drawn on the Nvidia video card and the output on the CPU. But for obvious reason, they do not make a conclusion to AMD video cards and are not going to do it. But you cannot parse their code and add support for AMD video cards there. This is a proprietary code and there are too many for 1-3 people. A large team gathered to do this will instantly receive a lawsuit from Nvidia.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
You see, in Iray, the output is drawn on the Nvidia video card and the output on the CPU. But for obvious reason, they do not make a conclusion to AMD video cards and are not going to do it. But you cannot parse their code and add support for AMD video cards there. This is a proprietary code and there are too many for 1-3 people. A large team gathered to do this will instantly receive a lawsuit from Nvidia.
We'll stick to your logic, if nvidia prevents AMD cards from rendering, it's because there's code for that effect since the rest of the architectures don't have a problem, and don't talk to me about "support" as if AMD was going to give NVIDIA something to code for CPU support (it's still the same rivalry you mentioned above), it doesn't make sense. Well, we could polite for hours, the rendering works on AMD cards, that's all there is to remember, the graphics have nothing to do with NVIDIA cards, because AMD cards are long gone unlike their CPUs, ok. But that's where it ends.

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hi,

As of today, I shall no longer be posting my artwork to this thread. I have put my reasons in a spoiler should anyone wish to know why I am doing this.

Anyone who wishes to continue to see my work please view .

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes