3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
They would need two threads, one for posting renders with intent to get feedback and another with Only Renders for farming likes. I would rather have the first, as much as its nice to get likes since it furthers my drive to get better but I am not posting here for an echo chamber either.
I agree, feedback is much better as it allows one to grow as an artist.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
They would need two threads, one for posting renders with intent to get feedback and another with Only Renders for farming likes. I would rather have the first, as much as its nice to get likes since it furthers my drive to get better but I am not posting here for an echo chamber either.
1000000%. You have no idea how frustrating it is to put up your work and ask for criticism and you get a "like" instead. How does that help me? How does that help me improve my craft? I would absolutely use the feedback thread!

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
How does one even make a thread on here? We should really make the thread for feedback and constructive criticism. And this one can be left for like farming. That way we can use the new thread for talking about lighting and improving renders etc.

Reactions: oliseo

DooRetsam

Oct 28, 2018
More work on photorealism. Pores! I’ve been frustrated with the lack of detail in character skins, so I’m adding some normal maps from other sources and really cranking them up. I think this looks a lot better than what I usually get out of Daz+Cycles—and it’s actually rendered in Eevee!
View attachment 686480
Good one! I would class it as a success! Do you think you could achieve the same look in Daz by tweaking the iray/render and surface settings?

Tranquil Rain

Jul 8, 2018
A few experiments here. God rays and color on B&W using canvases. Too much? I can't tell anymore. I think I've been staring at it too long!

View attachment 686484
I think if you could get her eyes to stand out more it could be even better. The godray is a bit harder to see since usually you see them from the side or from afar (or maybe the black and white is messing with my eyes idk), I like it.

Sep 12, 2019
Good one! I would class it as a success! Do you think you could achieve the same look in Daz by tweaking the iray/render and surface settings?
I had to blend two normal maps together, the ones that come with the model (Emmaline), and one I got from . That’s easily doable in the Blender shader node editor, but I think(?) to do it in Iray, you'd have to open each normal file and blend a tiled version of the second map onto it in something like Photoshop. So doable, but more annoying. Especially because I can adjust the tiling and strength of the third party map in Blender, without having to open/save 4 files externally.

I'm gonna play around with other normal maps, too. Different parts of the body are supposed to have different pores/bumpiness, so even just adjusting by Face/Torso/Arms/Legs could go a long way.

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
I think if you could get her eyes to stand out more it could be even better. The godray is a bit harder to see since usually you see them from the side or from afar (or maybe the black and white is messing with my eyes idk), I like it.

Thanks. I agree that the god rays are tough to make out. I've never had the success with them that I'd like to achieve. I did try to bring her eyes out a little though. Probably could have done more there. Appreciate the feedback :).

Reactions: Tranquil Rain

oliseo

May 11, 2020
Just like to say, it's been cool having you folks come on the journey of my character. I've tried various settings. Various eye colours. Various hair. And various compositions. I've never been quite happy with any of them. However, I do believe I've nailed Dani's look and style. I'm just rendering it now. Shouldn't be long.

Remember, the actual physical characteristics of this model I have not touched. Same arm length. Leg length. Head shape. Body shape. Sime height. Same Weight. Same lips, eyes. Well, you get the idea.

The only thing I've changed is the skin textures. Oh, and I decided to be a lot more poppy and stylised, as it suits her personality. I picture her being an empowered pop star, or marketing director. Or actress. But she has attitude and I like it. Given your amazing reaction to my work so far (apart from the sketchy start, lol!!!) I do believe you will like it when I post it.

So far I've looked at my work and thought "meh", there's this, and there's that... Nit pick, nit pick, nit pick. You know what it's like...

Still got loads to learn. But this is a good community. I like it.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes