3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Jul 1, 2018
More work on photorealism. Pores! I’ve been frustrated with the lack of detail in character skins, so I’m adding some normal maps from other sources and really cranking them up. I think this looks a lot better than what I usually get out of Daz+Cycles—and it’s actually rendered in Eevee!
Top notch! How fast did this render in Eevee and what GPU do you have?

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
Rendering works with AMD cards, the only thing that doesn't work is this:
View attachment 685335

No iray preview under AMD, that's all.
This is not totally true.
Iray preview works with AMD card (but probly uses CPU).
I use it sometimes for a quick spotcheck before rendering.

irprev1.png

irprev2.png

Processors: 2x 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Processor Core Number: 12
RAM: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950
GPU VRAM: 3072 MB

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
use the cpu not the gpu, the only way to use an amd video card is to use reality with luxrender which takes advantage of the opencl, but it is very unstable and depending on the driver amd nn works, for now I have not found a good configuration and I work with the cpu
Yes... but my point was that iRay works fine for rendering AND previewing without an NVIDIA card.
iRay+CPU works fine for me.

Jul 14, 2018
Yes... but my point was that iRay works fine for rendering AND previewing without an NVIDIA card.
iRay+CPU works fine for me.
If by "Works fine" you mean "doesn't utilize the expensive video card installed in the computer, ever, but does produce images eventually" then yes, it works fine.

Which is the entire point of the argument. Literally no one is saying you can never use iray with an AMD card installed and that iray will literally not work - they're saying iray will never use the AMD card, so everything is going to take longer (and probably put your computer in a position where you can't even idly browse the internet while rendering is taking place) so it does not matter what AMD card you get - if you are rendering in iray and you don't want to buy an nvidia card, don't even worry about buying an AMD card as it won't matter. Buy a better CPU and some more system RAM instead.

Reactions: DerangedAristocrat

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
This is not totally true.
Iray preview works with AMD card (but probly uses CPU).
I use it sometimes for a quick spotcheck before rendering.

View attachment 686738

View attachment 686739

Processors: 2x 6-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Processor Core Number: 12
RAM: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950
GPU VRAM: 3072 MB
Ah well if everything works under AMD it's perfect, and will close this debate :)
Even if it's the cpu works, the main thing is that it works.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
It really is like the music industry. When you have to get your kit off to get noticed.
Ouch, ouch, long live the youth, eh?

I finally got a Blowjob picture done in DAZ. I've always found them kinda hard to do since opening the mouths too much can make the models fall into Uncanny Valley but I think this one turned out alright?
Yeah, except it doesn't look like she's got a big dick in her mouth. It looks like an Eskimo ice cream.

• Haha
Reactions: oliseo
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes