3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I have no friends, a family that doesn't care, my health is deteriorated. I probably have a shit ton of undiagnosed medical issues and shit ton related to depression and stress. Every day I wake up in absolute pain, ringing in the right ear, legs, nerve pain in feet and around wrists, breathless, weakness. I can't walk more than 100m without having a big lump on my leg which blocks blood to my left leg entirely with a shit ton of pain. My sleeping schedule has been all over the place for more than a year. Somedays I sleep at daytime some at night sometimes I skip it entirely. Absolutely random, eating times as well and some days I skip it entirely too like yesterday I just ate 3 bread with frozen meat. one meal at two times and today I don't feel like cooking at all. I don't have any income source and living on the whim of my family. They can decide whatever the fuck they want to do with me. Trying to put me into some computer management course I don't care about. I barely completed my bachelor's studies.

I am seeing a very grim future. What should I do? I live in a third world shithole. I woke up from barely 4-hour sleep which was agonizing cause there is a shit ton of pain in thigh nerves and partly cause I was thinking if I don't work I am dead but now I am awake but my mind is totally gone hell and high water. I am in a bad state to work.

EDIT: At the very least 1 good thing happened today. i see 1 patreon gain. well now I am in slightly better mood. let me freaking work. i cant give up.
I am sorry for your suffering. I do have a suggestion though, but it is only a thought, take it however you like. but you might try fasting or doing a cleanse. Many times if you can do a body cleanse, the body fixes a lot of the health problems on it's own. but like I said. just a thought. :)

Nichiren

Apr 14, 2020
Someone on the discussion Thread for the game we are working on said i should post some of our test renders here to get feedback. so here are a couple of the tests we have been doing, please feel free to give us feedback, we are new to using daz studio and most of our experience is with full 3d software like Max and Maya.

most of these are test renders and work in progress. you can find more on our discussion thread here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/shards-of-her-memory-in-production-discussion-thread.51052/

Character full test renders for outfits

Emi_SchoolGirl_Classy.png Emi_SchoolGirl_Slutty.png

Promo shot

Emis.png

Test scene

SHM_scene5.png ms4_upclose_facefinish_cleanup.png

Environment light/fog tests

Test_temple_render settings.png LOC_apartment_masterBedroom_base.png

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Someone on the discussion Thread for the game we are working on said i should post some of our test renders here to get feedback. so here are a couple of the tests we have been doing, please feel free to give us feedback, we are new to using daz studio and most of our experience is with full 3d software like Max and Maya.

most of these are test renders and work in progress. you can find more on our discussion thread here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/shards-of-her-memory-in-production-discussion-thread.51052/

View attachment 690403 View attachment 690404

Promo shot

View attachment 690406

Test scene

View attachment 690407 View attachment 690423

View attachment 690408 View attachment 690427
Some of these proportions ate really weird. Especially the girl with the OOT Classic Bob.

Tranquil Rain

Jul 8, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope you and everyone on this thread reach their goals, I can't give any health advice but I can say that for me with daz the more I focus on my tastes the better my work feels. Of course everyday I read posts on what has succeeded and failed and keep it in mind while making what looks good to myself.

View attachment 690403 View attachment 690404

Promo shot

View attachment 690406

Test scene

View attachment 690407 View attachment 690423

View attachment 690408 View attachment 690427
The images tell me you like the more anime look which is nice but for me imo the girls are just a little too skinny. Increasing their weight even a tiny bit might make more angles appealing, or consider just making 1 of the girls more meaty for variety. The cum is a little too much, so the opposite of the girls weight, a slight decrease in the size should help.
The lighting is actually not bad at all, as for the fog it looks off too me. The temple looks like someone painted it. There are a few ways for fog but I haven't tested them yet so I can't recommend any rn.

Reactions: Nichiren

Nichiren

Apr 14, 2020
I hope you and everyone on this thread reach their goals, I can't give any health advice but I can say that for me with daz the more I focus on my tastes the better my work feels. Of course everyday I read posts on what has succeeded and failed and keep it in mind while making what looks good to myself.

The images tell me you like the more anime look which is nice but for me imo the girls are just a little too skinny. Increasing their weight even a tiny bit might make more angles appealing, or consider just making 1 of the girls more meaty for variety. The cum is a little too much, so the opposite of the girls weight, a slight decrease in the size should help.
The lighting is actually not bad at all, as for the fog it looks off too me. The temple looks like someone painted it. There are a few ways for fog but I haven't tested them yet so I can't recommend any rn.
thanks il look into that that is just variants on one of the characters not all of them are like that. for the fog yes i agree it was just one test i was doing for some reason i cant find my other renders... fog seems to be pretty average in DAZ im thinking that for the short amount of scenes that will require fog i might just do layered renders and do some photoshop work instead. if anyone has good recommendations for better fog il be happy to hear it.

Reactions: Tranquil Rain

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
For me, the characters are the characters. You make characters that are beautiful to your eyes, and that's what matters. Whether they have the features I like is irrelevant. Your eye should be the first eye.

Lighting. You're using the default skydome/HDRI. I think that's fine, but you're leaving it in the scene. For more final images, I wouldn't render that HDRI, myself. It looks like you're using a default that way. It's somewhat distracting, from the Daz user perspective. (Uncheck "Draw Dome" in the Environment - Render Settings. Add some other background in.)

I'm always a huge advocate of post-render processing. Some say it adds time to the process, but to me, images look incomplete without some post-work. The light levels, the skin tones. The skin can be made to look richer, I think. It looks very "3D render", which to me is somewhat less than a full artistic vision.

Otherwise, Daz is Daz. We all use it here, in this thread. It's a starting point. Don't worry about the engine as much? Like, fog. I could do that in seconds post-render, where it would take much longer and add overhead to the use of the engine.

Daz Iray is a fun thing to tweak, but it should only be taking you part of the way to the end state. These days, I mostly tweak it for speed, and do the effects afterwards. Iray optimization can be a huge time sink, so don't feel constrained by what you can do in-engine. I think that can be a trap, and you can waste a lot of time in the engine for little effect.

Nichiren

Apr 14, 2020
For me, the characters are the characters. You make characters that are beautiful to your eyes, and that's what matters. Whether they have the features I like is irrelevant. Your eye should be the first eye.

Lighting. You're using the default skydome/HDRI. I think that's fine, but you're leaving it in the scene. For more final images, I wouldn't render that HDRI, myself. It looks like you're using a default that way. It's somewhat distracting, from the Daz user perspective. (Uncheck "Draw Dome" in the Environment - Render Settings. Add some other background in.)

I'm always a huge advocate of post-render processing. Some say it adds time to the process, but to me, images look incomplete without some post-work. The light levels, the skin tones. The skin can be made to look richer, I think. It looks very "3D render", which to me is somewhat less than a full artistic vision.

Otherwise, Daz is Daz. We all use it here, in this thread. It's a starting point. Don't worry about the engine as much? Like, fog. I could do that in seconds post-render, where it would take much longer and add overhead to the use of the engine.

Daz Iray is a fun thing to tweak, but it should only be taking you part of the way to the end state. These days, I mostly tweak it for speed, and do the effects afterwards. Iray optimization can be a huge time sink, so don't feel constrained by what you can do in-engine. I think that can be a trap, and you can waste a lot of time in the engine for little effect.

thanks, yes i agree most of these are test runs at seeing what is possible with DAZ and how much i need to run in post and compositing of the images.

oliseo

May 11, 2020
thanks il look into that that is just variants on one of the characters not all of them are like that. for the fog yes i agree it was just one test i was doing for some reason i cant find my other renders... fog seems to be pretty average in DAZ im thinking that for the short amount of scenes that will require fog i might just do layered renders and do some photoshop work instead. if anyone has good recommendations for better fog il be happy to hear it.
I concur. I've been wasting my time faffing around with ISO levels, shutter speed, etc. When really I should leave all this on stock as much as possible. And then change all that in photoshop, lightroom. Those are tools designed to be so much better than DAZ in that regard. It's certainly much quicker then trying to change them in DAZ. And, you also have the original render that you can create other effects from. If you did a dark render scene, you're pretty much stuck with that dark render scene as all the information has been lost. However, if you do a normal render, you can easily recreate that darkness in lightroom or photoshop.

It makes much more sense from a time/effort perspective. Not to mention future usage of renders.

Reactions: Nichiren

oliseo

May 11, 2020
One more to annoy the man-hating kind of womynists, I guess.
(Not a historically accurate pussy, I think, but whatever.)

Trying to finish some other work today so I don't piss off my boss.
View attachment 690536
Not to nitpick, but think about the lighting and shadow. THe character is well lit and looks good. The brick wall is well lit and looks good. However, they don't gel together as the lights/shadows don't match, and this causes the brain issues.

If you rendered them seperately (the persona and the background), what you could then do is create another layer between the person and the wall. Basically a shilotte of the character. Place it to the left of the character and up abit. Resize it to 125%. And then use a soft blur to smooth out the edges, and then apply a layer filter to create a shadow of the character against the wall.

That would really help with the overall composition.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I concur. I've been wasting my time faffing around with ISO levels, shutter speed, etc. When really I should leave all this on stock as much as possible. And then change all that in photoshop, lightroom. Those are tools designed to be so much better than DAZ in that regard. It's certainly much quicker then trying to change them in DAZ. And, you also have the original render that you can create other effects from. If you did a dark render scene, you're pretty much stuck with that dark render scene as all the information has been lost. However, if you do a normal render, you can easily recreate that darkness in lightroom or photoshop.

It makes much more sense from a time/effort perspective. Not to mention future usage of renders.
Yet it's quite simple with the iray preview. After figuring out what each thing does, it takes about 2/3 minutes to save rendering time. Yes, a well tuned tone mapping decreases the rendering time, And that photoshop can't do it ^^

For this without postwork :
kvcklnvnhcxnvcxv.png
Capture.PNG

And that has the merit of making pretty shadows...

Last edited:

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Not to nitpick, but think about the lighting and shadow. THe character is well lit and looks good. The brick wall is well lit and looks good. However, they don't gel together as the lights/shadows don't match, and this causes the brain issues.

If you rendered them seperately (the persona and the background), what you could then do is create another layer between the person and the wall. Basically a shilotte of the character. Place it to the left of the character and up abit. Resize it to 125%. And then use a soft blur to smooth out the edges, and then apply a layer filter to create a shadow of the character against the wall.

That would really help with the overall composition.
That was done too quickly in GIMP, and I wanted the character to look different from the background?

It's just that I was not clean enough in some of the other work around the character, so I couldn't make the background look as different as I wanted it to... but I also have my real job to do today, so I just let it go.
:)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes