3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
While I doubt this is in any way original and I've also not tested it at all -

You can mess with the opacity of surfaces. It just occurred to me that you might be able to make a almost but not entirely translucent rectangular primitive in front of a lightsource to build a crude diffuser. It'd take some tinkering to make it right, but I can't see why it wouldn't work. I've done it with some rooms where I want an even light from a high ceiling.

No idea why it's only now occurring to me to try it more directly.
How complicated do you want your light sim? I don't think a flat planar emitter is directional, but I usually don't worry about it.

You can use a flattened Sphere primitive as an emitter if you're concerned about the planar emitter's directionality. I use Spheres and Torus objects as emitters sometimes.

I change the opacity of my planar emitters sometimes.
I also use a Emission map sometimes.

I have a few squiggles and hand-painted splatters. I use that to vary the surface quality of the light plane. Just smear some black and white together, make it look smooshy, and throw that onto the Emission map. Then you'll get a block of different quality photons out of your emission plane.

I'd rather use the planar light as an emitter rather than reflector. People like the blobby reflectivity on their models? It's stuff they used to PAY for when you bought Daz models.
:)

Reactions: oliseo

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah, you stood up but its been long now. Let bygones be bygones and let us not shape the thread with one incident which is part of past now. I am being neutral cause it's not my issue.
The only criticism on a rendering I've had for 6 months or more is on the name of an image so how could I forget ???

So if it's not your problem, don't interfere (especially with me).

oliseo

May 11, 2020
V4 character skin, Genesis clothing, HDRI and a bush

View attachment 403279
I don't normally like nudes. I love your lighting in this. Amazing how you made it fit with the photograph. That's some skills. Hope I manage to do anything close to this! And realised there's no nudity. It's so much better to leave it to the imagination.

oliseo

May 11, 2020
Okay, I'm able to light a subject correctly. HOWEVER, as you can see, there is the issue of using an emmitor rather than a reflector when you look at the shadow under her chin and accross the right side of her face where the hair is casting. With a reflector that shadow would still be there, but it would be feathered rather than so harsh. There is no way around this without a reflector, as that's just how physics works. So, creating my own reflector is my project for tomorrow. If I can get it working properly, I will share with you good folks (basically, the scene below, sans character). Still, good lighting is good lighting, and I've got the basics down. Now, lets get that reflector going, as we want soft fills on portrait shots. The shot below was rendered default. (Iso default, f-stop default, etc). Just lighting....

needreflector.png
I'm aware of the hair clipping, and the slight clipping on the shirt and skirt. That's easily sorted. The main issue is the hard shadows.... Leave it with me....

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
when does the next chapter come out? There are Alien Babes to Impregnate lol jk
Like a week ago the naive me said 3 weeks. Yesterday I wrote down like the list of scenes for episode 2 and made the scenes completed bold aaaaaaand fuck me only like half of it was bold. :rolleyes:
On the other hand I have two longest scenes done and most of the missing ones are gonna be either in a simple outside environment or really short, so I think it can be done within 3 weeks. :oops:
Don't wanna promise anything though.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ArturiousDesign

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Like a week ago the naive me said 3 weeks. Yesterday I wrote down like the list of scenes for episode 2 and made the scenes completed bold aaaaaaand fuck me only like half of it was bold. :rolleyes:
On the other hand I have two longest scenes done and most of the missing ones are gonna be either in a simple outside environment or really short, so I think it can be done within 3 weeks. :oops:
Don't wanna promise anything though.
I'm just asking kuz I REALLY DO enjoy your game and I think you're a talented Artist. When you do upload it, I'll def play it and give my feedback.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Left skin is P3D Harper and right one is Clodovea with added freckles. Morphs are also a bit of both models with some other.

View attachment 690683
Again, Thanks for info, But I'm having a bit of an Issue and maybe you can help me out.

It seems when I apply another shell in this case and , Harper's skin changes to this pale yellow color. Any idea why this might be?

Before Harper Win.jpg

After Harper Fail.jpg

Renders Stopped after 10 Iterations.

Jul 14, 2018
Again, Thanks for info, But I'm having a bit of an Issue and maybe you can help me out.

It seems when I apply another shell in this case and , Harper's skin changes to this pale yellow color. Any idea why this might be?
I've not messed with Breastacular, but Golden Palace has a shader copy script. Did you run it? I ask because that's what it often looks like when I forget to run it.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes