3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hello again folks. Again, 'ts been a couple of days since I've shared anything. I am almost done with the furnishing and lighting. Performing last checks and test renders for each room thats gonna be in our game. This is Raven in Nicole's bedroom. Will be the little sister of our game. This is the closest render in terms of quality to the ingame quality we are trying to achieve. Gonna be a bit more higher quality for the release tho. Nothing is set in stone. Alice 4K Final Test 4_nvidia.png

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Sorry if I'm spamming guys. Let me know if it bothers you and I'll try to dial it down a bit but this is kinda exciting for me so I really wanna share my progress here with you in hopes of receiving some criticism, which worked wonders before btw.

So, my question about this is, do you think the lighting is acceptable for the night time. I am kinda having some problems with setting the lights up for the night. If you have any tips on the issue I'd be eternally grateful to you guys. GOD I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY XD Alice 4K Final Test 7_nvidia.png

fenelia

Mar 25, 2020
Sorry if I'm spamming guys. Let me know if it bothers you and I'll try to dial it down a bit but this is kinda exciting for me so I really wanna share my progress here with you in hopes of receiving some criticism, which worked wonders before btw.

So, my question about this is, do you think the lighting is acceptable for the night time. I am kinda having some problems with setting the lights up for the night. If you have any tips on the issue I'd be eternally grateful to you guys. GOD I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY XD View attachment 711762
Shift a little more towards blue with your lights? (It's already shifted, I think.)

Desaturated over-layer in post? (And/or shift towards blue?)

IMO, the light level is good.
The worst thing of all things to do (IMO) is to make it so dark that people cannot see WTF is going on.

(See "Battle of Winterfell", Game of Thrones. I mean... compare that to Hardhome. Which was better and more intense? (Aside from the writing, LOL. We've SEEN the White Walkers, so hiding them in darkness was pointless at Winterfell.) I don't care how artistic or realistic it is, it sucked because you could not see half of what was going on at Winterfell, and for no good reason because I saw the Hardhome episode.)

Keep things bright and visible, just shift the colors a little to make it look less like full color spectrum daylight.

Reactions: NemesiaProductions

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
I don't know what 27 year olds you're hanging around, but they must lead incredibly demanding lives. I'd have guessed her as a mid 40s or a hard living/stressed mid-late 30s.

The Nasolabial/melolabial folds might be that pronounced at 27 when she's grinning, but not with a resting face. That's at least a post-35 trait.

I don't think the eyeshadow is doing her any favors either. Change that up, youthen up her face by making those laughlines less pronounced, and the hair'll be young and trendy again.
As Rollandder said, it's the face not the hair.
Yep, exactly like what TheAmazingRolandder said. She looks old. I don't like the white hair. Sorry for being blunt.
My opinion, i think white hair makes people look old. Unless your girl is wearing a punk hard rock style outfit with tatoos all over her body. Or Heavy goth outfit and make up. Thoes types of characters look good in white hair. Otherwise it is reserved for old people. If you want to show youth in your characters or someone who is in their mid 30s or 40s they still need to have colour in their hair. In my opinion.
Back in the day they used to call this colour "platinum blonde." She looks good in it but she might look as good, or better, as a brunette IMO, ref.: the dark eyebrows.
(…) This is probably the first time I've seen a model here that looks older than she's supposed to be xD (…)
But yeah, I agree with everyone else, the hair is okay, but she looks too old.
Wow don't think I ever got this many replies, thanks all! It's hard to see what doesn't work sometimes when you are working with the model. Having some honest and fair opinions really helps. For those worrying they where too harsh, don't worry I can handle the constructive critique of my work.
Since other characters will be college students I was afraid to make her look too young. I guess I overcompensated a bit :ROFLMAO:. I'll redo her features and share the results in a while to see if she improved (or if I just have to recast her into another role)
For those who (generally) don't like the white hair or think it makes people look old. I agree. I think I have seen 2 or 3 young women IRL who rocked the look (none of them punk or goth by the way) in all other cases the girls just looked 20 years older. The reason I wanted white for her was because it shows something about her personality and how she is/was susceptible to fashion trends but having lagged a bit due to shifting priorities. So I'll see how she looks when I make her a little younger with the white hair before making a final decision.

Again, thanks all, you've been really helpful.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes