3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
So, quick question. On another forum, a poster said that my last character had something of the uncanny valley about her. I'm not too pushed about what they said, but it did get me wondering what I can do to make her and other characters look a little more unique. While sliders are the obvious choice, I was wondering if there's something else (and I've already tried the Auto Face Enhancer....hoo boy, now that belonged in the bottom of the valley!)

JenniferPortrait.png

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
The bad think with Daz is that u need a good Pc build if u want to make what ever you like. .
Yeah, or have the patience to wait for renders which I don't mind doing since I'm a hobbyist and not a developer.

RTX laptops with 10th Gen i9's are cheap now so I'll probably go that route when it's time to get a new computer. Or I may reinstall bootcamp on my MBP and do an eGPU and RTX card.

Reactions: ArturiousDesign

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
First try with PS afterwork. What do you think? What can be done better? Thank you for any help.

View attachment 973889 View attachment 973894
Epic work!

to be nit picky, the whole model except for the eyes has a great softness to it. I think it’s the skin and hair materials and whatever you’ve done to that. Maybe somehow dulling down the sharpness of the eyes and eye socket?

Nice! Any chance on getting a screenshot of the viewport with the lighting positions? Or is it an HDRI?

Reactions: gagamel1

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
Nice! Any chance on getting a screenshot of the viewport with the lighting positions? Or is it an HDRI?
Thanks! And I can't cause its 4 different renders and edited in PS (the renders are in 4k so i don't want to upload them all)
One is done with normal scene light (no spotlights or hdri) and the rest is just 1 spotlight left and right and above the models and each light rendered individually and slapped back together in PS.

Reactions: Shadow Fiend

xer.0

Feb 7, 2018
Thanks! And I can't cause its 4 different renders and edited in PS (the renders are in 4k so i don't want to upload them all)
One is done with normal scene light (no spotlights or hdri) and the rest is just 1 spotlight left and right and above the models and each light rendered individually and slapped back together in PS.
Ahh, dope. Thanks!

I haven't played with layering renders yet, but it makes sense how the light is so even across all the models.

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020
Well a New Year, and time to start some work. I'd be happy to hear thoughts on this render, and would really appreciate any feedback on this. I'm trying to make some more improvements to my work and obviously this is a lot easier with feedback. Thanks, and Happy New Year.

C1_cry_baby_001.png

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
Yeah, or have the patience to wait for renders which I don't mind doing since I'm a hobbyist and not a developer.

RTX laptops with 10th Gen i9's are cheap now so I'll probably go that route when it's time to get a new computer. Or I may reinstall bootcamp on my MBP and do an eGPU and RTX card.
Well my opinion is ,if you are an everyday Pc user and doing also other staff like games,music Editing like im doing,build a good one ;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes