3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
Try to use Scene Optimizer, much better render times :).. You don't need every little shit around, to be in 4000x4000 texture.. I hope it helps you.
thank you :)

I use it sometimes already , but occasionally have the feeling it somehow brings nothing

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Well a New Year, and time to start some work. I'd be happy to hear thoughts on this render, and would really appreciate any feedback on this. I'm trying to make some more improvements to my work and obviously this is a lot easier with feedback. Thanks, and Happy New Year.

View attachment 973952
I like the image. Great expression, nice pose and I like the framing.
What I'd change is I'd remove the tears. They flow the wrong way (The tears should flow along her nose in this pose) and I think her face has enough expression to convey the sadness she is going through. Also I think the tears detract from the images strenghts by stating the obvious a little to much.
You could also experiment with different lighting. Maybe increase the colour temperature so you get a more blue hue. In post you could try turning down the saturation and see what that gets you. I'm not saying it will improve but I would be surprised if it didn't.

Reactions: BravoMDB

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
So, quick question. On another forum, a poster said that my last character had something of the uncanny valley about her. I'm not too pushed about what they said, but it did get me wondering what I can do to make her and other characters look a little more unique. While sliders are the obvious choice, I was wondering if there's something else (and I've already tried the Auto Face Enhancer....hoo boy, now that belonged in the bottom of the valley!)

View attachment 973828
Forgot to add the eye lashes

zOh

May 4, 2020
Well a New Year, and time to start some work. I'd be happy to hear thoughts on this render, and would really appreciate any feedback on this. I'm trying to make some more improvements to my work and obviously this is a lot easier with feedback. Thanks, and Happy New Year.

View attachment 973952
I love it! The light direction is a little bit strange in relation to her eyes. The hard rectangular light is meant to imitate an open door, which would mean somebody is standing in that doorway (likely), but her eyes are not towards the direction of the light/door, nor is there a shadow from a person standing in the doorway. I think changing the light direction to match where she's looking and adding the shadow of a person in the doorway would really elevate this.

Reactions: BravoMDB

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020
I love it! The light direction is a little bit strange in relation to her eyes. The hard rectangular light is meant to imitate an open door, which would mean somebody is standing in that doorway (likely), but her eyes are not towards the direction of the light/door, nor is there a shadow from a person standing in the doorway. I think changing the light direction to match where she's looking and adding the shadow of a person in the doorway would really elevate this.
Thank you, the light source (sun sky only) is via a window, No additional light sources beyond what is in environment options. The window doesn't have any curtains/blinds yet, so that would probably help reduce the harshness and I've not added any secondary characters yet either.

Although your feedback has certainly got me looking into this and reducing the harshness of the light source. I wasn't planning on having the camera in a similar position to a character, but it was something that I've thought about and will look into this some more.

Thanks very much for the feedback, very much appreciated.

Reactions: GNVE

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020
I like the image. Great expression, nice pose and I like the framing.
What I'd change is I'd remove the tears. They flow the wrong way (The tears should flow along her nose in this pose) and I think her face has enough expression to convey the sadness she is going through. Also I think the tears detract from the images strenghts by stating the obvious a little to much.
You could also experiment with different lighting. Maybe increase the colour temperature so you get a more blue hue. In post you could try turning down the saturation and see what that gets you. I'm not saying it will improve but I would be surprised if it didn't.
Thanks, yes, I was a bit unsure about the tears, certainly with a bit of work I can improve them in the scene, but as you mentioned they are a bit overkill. I like the pointer for the color temp, that will certainly help improve things, and I can certainly play around some more in photoshop to knock back the saturation etc. Great feedback, thank you very much for taking the time to help me.

Reactions: GNVE
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes