3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

probably_dave

Jun 3, 2017
What smoothers are you using? Any tips?
For the clothes, I added the Fit Control Addon to the clothes to adjust the shape of the clothes to roughly how I wanted. I then added a deForce modifer, making the surface using the default settings but increasing the stretch stiffness to max to so they kept there size. I then monitored as the simulation happened to see how the clothing was moving, making minor tweaks to the different parts like the bra string to adjust how it bending. It was my first time experimenting with these settings so limited myself to stretch stiffness and bend stiffness.
For the Mesh Smoothing, this was mainly for the final pic, trying to get the breast to feel naturally squashed against the bed. Here, I used the Breast Control add on and applied the standard Mesh Smoother to the model, colliding against the bed. It seemed to work quite well, so then I could focus on 'squashing' the breast using the Breast Control, without having to worry about it breaking through the bed.

A few of the renders look a bit over exposed.
Yes, fully agree. Just compare the first picture with any of the others. The swimsuit has gone from pink to white and lost all of it's texture. My concentration was on learning the clothing and smoothing aspects.
Thanks a lot for the advice though. I've just done a quick re-render following your advice and it really helps. It's also helped with the 'sweaty' look I was going for. Still working on it, but it's really helped :)
LisaBella7.png

Edit: Forgot to mention, the game is The Minerva Project, dev thread here here. It's a village builder type game with a plot. It's still quite a few months out however

Deleted member 1482745

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Yes, fully agree. Just compare the first picture with any of the others. The swimsuit has gone from pink to white and lost all of it's texture. My concentration was on learning the clothing and smoothing aspects.
Yeah rendering outdoor daylight scenes is a double edge sword. On the one hand you can get 100% convergence with sub 1000 iterations, but on the other hand ... I tend to avoid white/light clothing for outdoor scenes.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Techn0magier and Empiric
Thank you both for your tips and advice, greatly appreciate them and the fact that you took the time to offer them. Once again, thanks.

So I've reworked her, put the eyes further back into the head, tightened the face a little more and used the Subtle Asymmetrical Face plugin to bring some asymmetry. And dropped her onto what I can only assume is a velvet rug.
JenniferFloor.png

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020
- The tears are probably the most obvious one, while they maybe start to flow in the visible direction, when she lays on her bed for herself, the probably change their direction when she tilts her head towards the camera. Then there is the dried up makeup within the tears, thanks to the til of her head the paths should be more spread out.
- The Hair and their point of contact with the teddy. I'm not sure if that is clipping or just an unhappy camera angle.
- The crop of her head looks weird, given how much space the image gives her on the left side.
- I love the lighting:love:
- While you have the lovely micro compression between her arm and the mattress, I'm missing the same on the teddy.
- Sweet usage of DoF, but only as a personal preference I would make it a little bit more shallow, to move the bright vase even further in the background and enhance the focus on her.
- most of the other stuff I have in mind would be also more on personal preferences, and wouldn't help you in any way, I guess.
Great observations, thank you. Yes there is a bit of clipping of the hair and the teddy that needs to be resolved. I'll have a look some more at the crops too to see if I can figure something out, plus I'll mess around with DOF some more and probably some angles to make it more shallow but keeping the character in focus.
Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes