3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

gagamel1

Donor
Nov 17, 2017
View attachment 977081

Would "Busted" look better with the interracial tag?
I dont know. But I know that I cant hear all this black- brown- red- white- yelloy shit anymore. Im 50 years now and my parents were children in WWII and both hate any racial themes (and these guys are from Germany) and so do I. We dont need to tag anything as interracial because we can see the color of the people. Love will heal us all. Peace bros and sis. Sorry if my comment was confusing. Had not my best day today. culay: Great art as always. Thank you for it.

BravoMDB

Mar 23, 2020
- The tears are probably the most obvious one, while they maybe start to flow in the visible direction, when she lays on her bed for herself, the probably change their direction when she tilts her head towards the camera. Then there is the dried up makeup within the tears, thanks to the til of her head the paths should be more spread out.
- The Hair and their point of contact with the teddy. I'm not sure if that is clipping or just an unhappy camera angle.
- The crop of her head looks weird, given how much space the image gives her on the left side.
- I love the lighting:love:
- While you have the lovely micro compression between her arm and the mattress, I'm missing the same on the teddy.
- Sweet usage of DoF, but only as a personal preference I would make it a little bit more shallow, to move the bright vase even further in the background and enhance the focus on her.
- most of the other stuff I have in mind would be also more on personal preferences, and wouldn't help you in any way, I guess.
Haha....taken me all damn day to figure out some crazy dforce nonsense that was beginning to make me think about a change of hair... think I've figured that issue out now. Of course, now I'm spending more time in photoshop tweaking the tears and mascara...another nightmare of trial and error. At the end of this I'll swear that it is quicker to make your own resources...lol.
Currently working on deforming the teddy bear some more, will see how that work pans out over the weekend and hopefully I'll be a step closer to having some final renders soon thereafter. Then just need to finish the rest of the scene and save it all for later....

Reactions: Techn0magier

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
[removed goof]

When you say to use daylight and tint it, are you talking about selecting the background color on the environment tab?
Finally, I have time to answer. When I talk about tinting I mean the colour of the light that is emitted.
Sickle Yield had a good about night scenes that dabbles a little bit with this concept. In general, you change the colour of the light itself. It is also often used in cinema and television for night scenes and scenes with low light conditions like rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31971207

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Haha....taken me all damn day to figure out some crazy dforce nonsense that was beginning to make me think about a change of hair... think I've figured that issue out now. Of course, now I'm spending more time in photoshop tweaking the tears and mascara...another nightmare of trial and error. At the end of this I'll swear that it is quicker to make your own resources...lol.
Currently working on deforming the teddy bear some more, will see how that work pans out over the weekend and hopefully I'll be a step closer to having some final renders soon thereafter. Then just need to finish the rest of the scene and save it all for later....
Meshgrabber and Blender made life so much easier in the deform department. Look at the Hair of the fifth Hollywood image. The movement of the hair behind her hand couldn't be done with default morphs and the dFormer would have me frustrated to hell. Meshgrabber alone was enough to shape this movement.

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
[removed goof]

Finally, I have time to answer. When I talk about tinting I mean the colour of the light that is emitted.
Sickle Yield had a good about night scenes that dabbles a little bit with this concept. In general, you change the colour of the light itself. It is also often used in cinema and television for night scenes and scenes with low light conditions like rain.
Awesome, thank you! The community here is the best!

Reactions: DoctorPervic

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
Wow, I am really struggling with low light scenes. This is what I came up with -- not happy with it, but it's a start. It just seems way too bright for a night scene to me, but anything less seemed too dark. Any Daz gurus out there have any advice for me? I'd appreciate it.

View attachment 976581
Nice work Deathstrike2 !
I am so far from being a Daz guru it isn't on the radar... BUT
For what it's worth, I would place a light facing that tree in the background (turn the intensity way down) then place a light at the back of her head (intensity down) and this will separate her from the background making her "pop" imho.
As far as post-production goes, yeah you can do everything in Daz Studio alone, but every one of US who have a little pride in our work will spend a decent amount doing "postwork" to clean up mistakes and add vibrance, realism, etc. yes sir, all who are a lil serious about our craft are still somewhere in that learning curve and will use different programs that we like.

Sorry if this reply is a lil lengthy. (my nature) Again, Nice work man !

Last edited:

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Nice work Deathstrike2 !
I am so far from being a Daz guru it isn't on the radar... BUT
For what it's worth, I would place a light facing that tree in the background (turn the intensity way down) then place a light at the back of her head (intensity down) and this will separate her from the background making her "pop" imho.
As far as post-production goes, yeah you can do everything in Daz Studio alone, but every one of US who have a little pride in our work will spend a decent amount doing "postwork" to clean up mistakes and add vibrance, realism, etc. yes sir, all who are a lil serious about our craft are still somewhere in that learning curve and will use different programs that we like.

Sorry if this reply is a lil lengthy. (my nature) Again, Nice work man !
I agree wholeheartedly. In my serious work nowadays I spent at least the same amount of time, I used to create the render itself, without render time. Sometimes even way more. And my cartoon sprites for games and VNs will probably become canvas-based, which means: no postwork, no image at all.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes