5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MothManlet

Nov 11, 2020
I have learned a few things today
and thought I try again a portrait shot
I think it is an improvement to my previous attempts
but there is definitely still room for improvement

View attachment 985521
You're improving really fast! Daz has a portrait aspect ratio you can use that's really good for this since it get's rid off all that empty space and keeps the subject the sole focus. I would also recommend trying some more cinematic lighting to add some more depth, having the hdri and a front faced key light makes the character look a lot more flat since all the details like creases are lit up. I normally use a darker hdri or turn it down in the environment settings then use a key light coming from the side a bit, and some times a rim light.

1610645331060.png

Here's one of my render where I use that light setup and it makes the details of the figure stand out more like the nasolabial folds and the ribs

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
You're improving really fast! Daz has a portrait aspect ratio you can use that's really good for this since it get's rid off all that empty space and keeps the subject the sole focus. I would also recommend trying some more cinematic lighting to add some more depth, having the hdri and a front faced key light makes the character look a lot more flat since all the details like creases are lit up. I normally use a darker hdri or turn it down in the environment settings then use a key light coming from the side a bit, and some times a rim light.

View attachment 985557

Here's one of my render where I use that light setup and it makes the details of the figure stand out more like the nasolabial folds and the ribs
thank you :)

and i am really grateful for all the tips i will try them out right away when my next own attempt is finished

where I have already changed to a black background

Reactions: MothManlet

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
cwsmlk
I've pixel peeped some of your images and have a few questions.
- What body hair do you use? Especially for female faces.
- What kind of nipples do you use nowadays? Somewhere down the line, you stopped using the vanilla G8 ones.
- How do you alter your skin textures? I get that you alter the colourmap for blemishes etc, but what do you do to the bum/normal and the specular maps?
- Recently, I've been using SBH to make the vellus hair for the face/body. In the past I've used some of the fibermesh hairs that came with Mousso figures. Using SBH is surprisingly resource friendly though.

- If I'm not using a body morph, then I use , without the geoshell/overlay.

- Not sure what you mean. I don't really do anything with b/n/s maps, I just find one's I like and use them. Only thing that gets adjusted are the surface parameters.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes