3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
Oh, I do believe. That is the exact issue I ran into with the sofa and the dresses all the time. xD Sadly the sofa is too old of a prop. No MDL materials, no vertex or surface groups, designed by the "fewer vertices is better" philosophy etc.
Oh, it gets better! (Insert sarcasm face here)
This otherwise damn pretty window corner prop is sold for G8F and it's "Iray Optimized"... I guess, asking for proper dForce friendly surfaces is too much to ask sometimes... [/endsarcasm]

• Haha
Reactions: Techn0magier

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Oh, it gets better! (Insert sarcasm face here)
This otherwise damn pretty window corner prop is sold for G8F and it's "Iray Optimized"... I guess, asking for proper dForce friendly surfaces is too much to ask sometimes... [/endsarcasm]
But hey, we have to give them slack. Some G8F stuff is older than dForce. Also, they just have botched dForce on Strand Based Hair (2019). So there was no time to fix the buggy infrastructure on their simulation engines. Or write a current documentation/wiki. [I never end sarcasm]

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
But hey, we have to give them slack. Some G8F stuff is older than dForce. Also, they just have botched dForce on Strand Based Hair (2019). So there was no time to fix the buggy infrastructure on their simulation engines. Or write a current documentation/wiki. [I never end sarcasm]
Dude, you got humour!
DAZ3D, writing a... wiki! Or... dear Lord... Documentation!!!
You have better chances at winning that quadriple jackpot lottery than that... (I think we just turned the sarcasm level to scorching)

Reactions: oliseo

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
You are right from a viewer's opinion but, imho, artistically it depends on what the creator tries to achieve.
Some people here work on creativity with strange characters, fantasy scenes, SF, etc.
Some work on technical stuff like lighting, textures, camera position, posing, realism...
Some try to just make renders that tell a story, no matter the creativity as long as it serves their purpose.
Some try to make all of this in each render.
And finally others just try to learn.
But in the end nothing looks more like a blowjob than a blowjob. So the only differences will be the way one will work on the scene (camera angle, lighting, scenery, realism, etc).

Another point is also the rig.
We all don't have a PC with supa-dupa graphic card(s) so we do the best we can with what we have. :)
Yes, I totally agree, there are different goals and means. - I think, it is all true, my and your view, which I share as well :)

oliseo

May 11, 2020
Surely, it makes sense, however there are also folks who have great visual fantasy but they are not so much talented in other things. And even when one has the talent to draw, the picture can lack of interesting (original) content. Several pictures sent in this forum make proof of it as well, they are one like another. Not that it is "wrong", one has to learn about things, and I am not denying that there is a great deal of talented people which have my respect and admiration! So, shortly, some people do not need it, but others would certainly benefit from good advices and ideas of other folks, right? :)
You do not have to hand over your Pen to listen to advice, you listen with your ears, not your hands. Also, I would strongly suggest that it's down to the invidiual themselves if they believe that advice is good or not, not for you, nor for I to decide.

Allow others their own artist freedom, see what blossoms, and if you don't like what flowers, the garden is big enough for you to go find a flower you do like, it's not for anyone to lecture others on what plants to grow in their own garden. If they want to grow weeds, then that is their perogative. I rather like some of the offbeat and unusual renders, variety is the spice of life. We are all on a journey here, let's not judge each other until we have all reached our destination, and even then, best to say "once more round guys, that was kinda fun"

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
MLK Monday with no work and no gym. All there is to do is drink coffee, smoke weed, and contemplate racial and cultural equality and harmony. What better way to do that than render a variety of nonhuman races fucking and sucking each other?

Seriously though, today isn't so much about fucking and sucking but seeing how I can adapt my base races into new individuals. I started (drunkenly) late last night with some minor tweaks. Dropped height, reduced lats, increased biceps, boobs, and belly, lengthened nose. That can be seen in the first pic. In the morning I decided that it wasn't enough so I played with some Ooodles of Faces morphs and found some that quickly did the job. That can be seen in the second pic.

I named the race Gilgu, and the characters Detta (left) and Shoni (show-nee, right). With Detta I was going for an older sister look vibe, next I'm going to shoot for mom.

Demi2double1.png
Demi2double2.png

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
Here Here. I recommend this approach to every artist. As an Author, would you let someone else hold your pen and write down the words they want you to? The best stories are the ones you want to hear, not the ones others think you should tell.
I agree with you, but in a detached way it is better to observe and listen, then take what you like, many times listening to the reasons of others, you understand that maybe you are wrong (I am not referring to this case, I love everything which stands out from the crowd) and even the first jobs benefit from it ..... ps ... I am not English language, I hope you understand what I mean :cry:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes