3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

cwsmlk

Dec 20, 2017
Another Nora portrait. Made some adjustments to the skin settings and materials overs the weekend. Tried working on teeth more but it started to get tedious after awhile, so I'm using teeth settings from rarestones Kayla. Looks decent under certain lighting. Only looks okay here. Dropped vellus hair in this render because it kept showing up weird, may have just been the lighting, but I've had a few other strange anomalies since updating to 4.15. Shadows from the hair were coming up as transparent when rendered. Never had that happen before. Anyway, whatever blah blah blah :rolleyes:

nora-p-t-06b-h.jpg

oliseo

May 11, 2020
Some Lighting Tips

Some of you guys probably already do this. Or maybe you don't. Thought I'd share what I've learned, in case anyone doesn't.

Point/Spot/Distant Lighting Tricks on a Single Character.

First of all I'm going to assume your character is at origin. 0,0,0. And has no rotation.

Step 1. Create a Null at 0,0,0
Step 2. Increase the Null Y axis so it is level with characters head, or upper body.
Step 3. Create a new Spot/Point/Distant light.
Step 4. Increase the Y value of this new light to the same as the one you used in null.
Step 5. Increase the Z axis so you are at a certain distance. 200,400,800, suited for your light.
Step 6. Ensure the light is pointed in the direction of the character (it should be, but just check)
Step 7. Make the Null you've just created the parent of the new light.
Step 8. Use the rotate sliders in the Null, and your light will always be pointed at the direction of your character.

You can repeat this for as many lights as you want. Obviously use a diferent name than null. Perfect for hair lighting, 3 point lighting, etc. It's just so much easier to rotate the dials in the nulls and have your light directionaly pointing at wherever null is.

I also go one further step, and create a new group. Then drop all the named null/light combos into that group, and then parent that group to the character. So if you move the character, the lights move with it. If you click the padlock rotate y slider in the group, this will stop the lights rotating with the character, but still allow them to move on the x and y axis...

Hope I've helped anyone who may find this useful...

Gail8.6.png

Onnivan

Dec 25, 2019
Reactions: NeoVlahos

XenoFash

Sep 16, 2020
Expanding the "fam". Might rework the skin on "mom".
GilguTripleTops.png
GilguTripleTopless.png
GilguQuadNudeBack.png
Left to Right: Shoni, Relli, Rhon, Detta. Detta made a quip about Shoni's smaller tits, and Shoni responded by insulting Detta's milk in vulgar fashion. Rhon is shocked and appalled, Relli found it quite funny.
GilguQuadNudeFront.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes