3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
#PotatoSquad

Lighting Experiment #2 ***TLDR***

LRC-1.jpg
This time I turned the lights up ALOT more than usual and the render didn't look overexposed !
BUT, this first render shows me just how unnatural Lola's hair and skin looks compared to Raseela's.
*I ask myself, "is it because Raseela's clothing looks sharper, her hair, her skin, the lighting, or a mixture ?

I borrow Mimi's hair and change Lola's clothing texture. Still 'fail" because I can't seem to get that damn shadow off of her face !
I adjusted the lights again and turned them up even more, then BAM ! this is one hell of alot closer to my goal !!!
maybe not completely astronomical, but I surprised myself...
LRC-2.jpg
This also shows/ reminds me of the importance of downloading GOOD textures, skin, clothing, props, scenes etc.
because even though I broke this barrier in lighting (whether by chance or not) Lola still looks a lil sickly.

Closer inspection shows me that she must have been bitten by a zombie recently.
I'll have to change her skin and eyes which may affect her nationality, but I'm ok with that 8)
Zombie Lola.jpg

Still climbing this mountain of information and experience; enjoying every step !

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I think your skill with these renders shows an impressive understanding of the tools in question and you produce an excellent result. The problem is that they don't look much like Haley. The shape of the face is wrong and various other aspects (cheek bones, jaw line other things). I'm a huge fan of Haley's story and if you didn't tell me who you were rendering I would not have been able to guess. Compare your Haley to the image on the games OP.

Just my opinion

Reactions: boy mason

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
I think your skill with these renders shows an impressive understanding of the tools in question and you produce an excellent result. The problem is that they don't look much like Haley. The shape of the face is wrong and various other aspects (cheek bones, jaw line other things). I'm a huge fan of Haley's story and if you didn't tell me who you were rendering I would not have been able to guess. Compare your Haley to the image on the games OP.

Just my opinion
I can understand your comments but if you've ever worked on fan art you need to understand that if you don't have the duf file you're not going to have anything that's absolutely perfect I started with this one from scratch I have no idea which character they started with and I've had to do quite a few morphs to get it even close this is still a work in progress she is not 100% yet but she does look like Haley if you pull it up I can put them side by side and you can see similarities but there's still a few facial features that need to be worked on and I'm working on that is what this is learning.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes