3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Sep 16, 2019
Thanks, yeah. I think learning the basics of photography would help big time
Yeah, definitely. It was a hobby of mine and I worked professionally for a while. Having an idea of composition, lighting, exposure, depth of field etc helps a lot. Read up on the basics, study images that you like and just keep messing around trying different things and it will start to develop for you. You obviously have the desire which is a big part of getting where you want to be and there'll always be someone here to offer advice, just ask if you're not sure.

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
I'll be out of the Potatosquad somewhere this week too. I have a new PC incoming with an RTX 3070 on board.
My old custom build will not be retiring yet. It still has plenty of life left and It can still handle lower spec renders, which I will still use it for.
I use my 3070 for some time and this is just nonsense. 2k render with 4k iterations in 18 minutes. But still, my last picture show that 8 gb is not enough to forget about scene optimization. Sad, that it is no way to get more VRAM.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I use my 3070 for some time and this is just nonsense. 2k render with 4k iterations in 18 minutes. But still, my last picture show that 8 gb is not enough to forget about scene optimization. Sad, that it is no way to get more VRAM.
I am seeing something similar with my 3080/10gb what I think should be a quick render with 3.5k to 4.5 iterations and a simple scene taking up to 35 min..... Crazy.. But looking at the render progress it says GPU usage 4 to 6 % and it sounds like the CPU is going wild. Haven't figured that out yet.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Renders on my current pc take up to 14hrs i'll gladly take anything below 10hrs that will open up plenty of time to do postwork.

Reactions: Techn0magier

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
I currently have a 3060 TI and my render times on a 4K are only 15 to 35 minutes and that's a full scene I don't know what your settings are or how your setting up your render settings but there's a lot of tutorials on YouTube you might want to watch all of them that's the way I learned a lot of it.

Reactions: tripod70

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Got a new upgrade for my RAM, and wanted to test it out on Karen Starr. I love stereograms, so that is the second picture. If you do not know how to use. cross, you eyes till the two pictures merge in the center, creating a false 3d picture.

I also changed Highlights for Breastacular. I find it is easier to work with, and gives the nice boob/nipple squish seen in the picture.

Note: prior to the upgrade, my computer/DAZ would have crashed with this many things going on in the background and having 5 lights in the room. Now, it is just a waiting game for the render.
009 L.png
009 S.png

Sep 16, 2019
I currently have a 3060 TI and my render times on a 4K are only 15 to 35 minutes and that's a full scene I don't know what your settings are or how your setting up your render settings but there's a lot of tutorials on YouTube you might want to watch all of them that's the way I learned a lot of it.
I have nfi when it comes to optimal render settings. I tried going with Matt "Thundorn"'s recommended for quality from one of his vids and after 10 hrs I pulled the pin at 2% and that's with a 3070. Not knocking Matt, his vids are great, easy to follow and a wealth of info.

Last edited:

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I will have to try and find some and give a look. I am sure that I most likely have something set not just right..... :)

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah, I don't really know if you're in the right place to be asking people for observations on morality tbh :rolleyes:.
Let's be fair here. It is always stupid idea to ask a human about morality or ethical correctness. So much we should have already learned from history. My old art teacher always said: "If you create a piece and nobody felt offended then the piece is a piece of shit and you failed as an artist."
On the other hand, she was quite a handful and always arguing against everything just to make people think about the stuff they "like".

Sep 16, 2019
Let's be fair here. It is always stupid idea to ask a human about morality or ethical correctness. So much we should have already learned from history. My old art teacher always said: "If you create a piece and nobody felt offended then the piece is a piece of shit and you failed as an artist."
On the other hand, she was quite a handful and always arguing against everything just to make people think about the stuff they "like".
Lol, I like her already.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I bet she'd argue with you on that.
Depending on the context of how she would hear about it, you would be right. The lady retired '99, we were her last class from '94-'99. But she still gives private lessons for piano, guitar and composing/music theory.

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
I am seeing something similar with my 3080/10gb what I think should be a quick render with 3.5k to 4.5 iterations and a simple scene taking up to 35 min..... Crazy.. But looking at the render progress it says GPU usage 4 to 6 % and it sounds like the CPU is going wild. Haven't figured that out yet.
Not sure, if i understand you in right way, but just in case: I mean "nonsense" in positive way - 3070 is a pure beast and my old PC wasn't able to do such render in Full HD in time less then 6 hours.

Lol, she is pretty cool.

P.S. is fludding is allowed here?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes