3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

BamID

May 17, 2020
Yeah, you're right. I hadn't really noticed but she does have a bit of a boof head. I'm pretty sure that's because she's on a young teen base from Growing Up, the hair adds to it and I think the pose accentuates it, its the same head in all the renders. If I change the base to older teen the proportion lessens. I guess that true to life. Anyway, glad you like her but, how could you not like blondes? :unsure: :LOL: . Just kidding, I like 'em all.

View attachment 1128819
'cause i go for..

Redheads..
with pale skin...
and freckles...
and to top it of.. green or light blue eyes

:sneaky::PogChamp:

Sep 16, 2019
Putting her next to an adult male changes the perspective. She could still possibly end up as an older teen frame in the game, its not uncommon for younger tens to be taller and more proportioned I guess, and it does make posing easier.

Terese 7.4 full body raw yt v ot v am.png

But maybe with smaller boobs?

Terese 7.4 full body raw yt v ot (boob reduction) v am.png

(but I think I'm probably straying off topic now)

Reactions: OutOfAshes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Terese 7.4

View attachment 1128505

For anyone who hasn't already met her, this is Terese.

Here, Terese appears in her raw 7.4 state. She is a custom character (excluding hair and skin) painstakingly created by moi. I've put a great deal of effort into her creation and now know all of the character modifier sliders intimately.

The fine gentlepeople of this forum, and no others, are exclusively privy to Terese in her raw state purely for observation and critique as a young lady should be entitled to her modesty and mystery. Should she appear in her own VN, which is planned, it will be a relatively long hall before any get to see her in a similar state.

If asked of her age, Terese will assert that she is eighteen years old. Should this be questioned, she will usually retort that she's unsure whether to be insulted or complimented.

Terese has a fairly muscular tone (which may possibly be toned down a little, influenced by feedback .... perhaps) due to the ethos and regime of the private boarding college for young ladies which Terese had reluctantly attended by order of her father since the beginning of her adolescence. Notre Dame de Chaste (Our Lady of Chastity) (commonly referred to by her fellow attendees as "the boarding kennel"), somewhere in the south of France, dictates that "A healthy body makes a healthy mind." and "Idle hands do the devil's work.". Therefore, dance and gymnastics feature heavily in the curriculum, along with music and the arts in general. All essential elements for the development of young ladies destined to be future wives of the elite, a concept that disturbs Terese to her core.

All Terese has ever wanted is to have an average "normal" life as an average "normal" girl in an average "normal" loving family, and, perhaps most importantly, someone to call "Daddy" instead of "Father" ( :rolleyes: ). Perhaps there be one amongst us, some caring and compassionate soul, prepared to make the sacrifice to help her fill that void?

But, then again, while life has been good to you and you've found yourself financially comfortable as middle age creeps towards you, you're still just an average "normal" guy, with an average "normal" family and an (hotter than) average "normal" loving wife, what could you possibly have to loose? Could you stand to loose everything or is there perhaps a way to have your cake and eat it too? Then again, there could be a chance that your life is reduced to nothing more than a tattered and torn mess. That may be up to you, and the twists and turns of fate.

Anyways, without more blah blah blah, I'm always open to feedback on Terese's development, opinions and/or suggestions. Perhaps she's just perfect the way she is?

One thing I'm looking for atm is recommendations for the finest of vellus hair. Terese currently has some for abdomen and back but I'm wondering if there's better available. Any suggestions for assets would be great, cheers.

View attachment 1128741 View attachment 1128732 View attachment 1128725 View attachment 1128730 View attachment 1128729
If you wanna go the extra mile, Strand Based Hair is a fantastic but render-resource consuming way to create body hair. I like the stuff that is delivered with the models from Mousso, they are far more graphic card friendly but less versatile than SBH. And then of course is the native G8.1 Vellus that is nice too but needs a G8.1 as a base model.

ShaylieX

Jan 20, 2020
I have been trying to find a good looking business suit for women for a long time and never really find one I liked until now, this suit is the Q Suit for G8M fitted on a G8F character, the ugly yellow base texture was replaced with a separate fabric shader i had in my library and i replaced the shirt that came with the suit with a blouse from the Formal Mega Wardrobe and I'm pretty happy with the final result, although I'm considering finding another shader for the suit, any thoughts?

x1_Laura_Suit_1x.png

Sep 16, 2019
If you wanna go the extra mile, Strand Based Hair is a fantastic but render-resource consuming way to create body hair. I like the stuff that is delivered with the models from Mousso, they are far more graphic card friendly but less versatile than SBH. And then of course is the native G8.1 Vellus that is nice too but needs a G8.1 as a base model.
Thanks mate. Yeah, strand based sounds a little challenging to a noob such as myself and if it's resource intensive may not be the best choice for game creation where I'd need to be spitting out renders. I had been thinking about going to 8.1 but then there's the question of compatibility and availability of assets although I believe you can use 8 assets on 8.1 but not the other way around? Might have a play around with that and check out the Mousso models too. Cheers (y)

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Thanks mate. Yeah, strand based sounds a little challenging to a noob such as myself and if it's resource intensive may not be the best choice for game creation where I'd need to be spitting out renders. I had been thinking about going to 8.1 but then there's the question of compatibility and availability of assets although I believe you can use 8 assets on 8.1 but not the other way around? Might have a play around with that and check out the Mousso models too. Cheers (y)
A lot is convertible to 8.1 but not all, especially stuff that's designed around geometry shells and G8 surfaces. The reason is the new UV layout for "body" and "head". The old G8 scripts don't know them. The fur on my too late bunny image for example doesn't work with G8.1 in its vanilla state and I haven't found an easy way to apply it, yet.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
What is a better Fuzz ie: pubic hair that isn't so course. The model that I am working on starts out like Sasquatch but later trims it in increments. What I am using for the moment is really course in texture.

pink panty 2 test.jpg

Sep 16, 2019
A lot is convertible to 8.1 but not all, especially stuff that's designed around geometry shells and G8 surfaces. The reason is the new UV layout for "body" and "head". The old G8 scripts don't know them. The fur on my too late bunny image for example doesn't work with G8.1 in its vanilla state and I haven't found an easy way to apply it, yet.
Excusing my dumness, but that means transferring Terese straight over to 8.1 isn't going to be a straight forward operation?

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Excusing my dumness, but that means transferring Terese straight over to 8.1 isn't going to be a straight forward operation?
The morphs aren't a problem. The skin textures can become a problem for the transfer script that G8.1 uses when you apply a G8 skin character direct on its base. But it works most of the time. So give it a try and when it looks weird behind the face, around the neck and/or next to arms and legs, you now know where to start your investigation.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
U can fix this with photoshop or using dforce
I had Photo Shop a long time ago, but never got the grasp of it and no longer have it available to install. If I find the CD's it will be from 2004 or 05 ( very old )

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I like some parts of this render, but not others. I think the main model needs to be more front and center, and I have the exposure too high - everything is too bright, which makes it too busy. Would probably need more spotlights. Ideas?
View attachment 1129140
Render it as a TIFF and open it in RawTherapee, where you can watch if you are over-/underexposed and adjust it accordingly. The same goes for colours, sharpness, crop etc. it is an open-source alternative for Lightroom. ;)
And yes, do the edge patrol. Crop everything out that sneaks in and draws the attention away from your subject. The Keg is an example, so is the arm and dress of the dancer on the left, just to name a few. Another route you could go would be, blur the background more, to separate her further from the environment.

Reactions: cellsase
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes