3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

daddydante88

Jan 16, 2019
Thank you. There's lots of stuff on youtube regarding lighting...both for Daz and photography in general. I like to play with hard lighting and strong shadows but it's really just best to experiment with different ideas.
I definitely like playing around with different setups all the time but I end up getting impatient with how heavily daz studio can start chugging even on simple scenes when you start changing a lot of stuff around.

And I have a beast of a computer.
8700k @5.2 with a delid and liquid metal treatment, 32 GB of ddr4 @ 3200
EVGA RTX 3080

I keep asking what the deal is. Why sometimes something as simple as changing a pose slightly can cause it to hang for several seconds. It's frustrating because everyone just tells me.. it's normal.

Apr 16, 2021
There is something just not right with this and I can't put my finger on it...
Reelections are perfect (to me) but seems off .

View attachment 1201710
The reflections seem strong and refractions appear reasonable (it's harder to tell), so I might suggest cutting down on the surface reflections towards more clarity of the water. That kind of pool situation with brighter lighting will show through the water more than offer a mirror of the environment.

Evic

May 25, 2018
There is something just not right with this and I can't put my finger on it...
Reelections are perfect (to me) but seems off .
My first impression is that the water surface is to smooth, maybe rip a bump map from another surface and apply that to the water (adjust the strength as needed). And, the refraction strength is too strong.

One of the coolest things about 3d rendering vs. photography is that you can break the laws of physics. Don't worry about the water refraction value being "accurate" and tweak values until it looks good. I find most refraction effects within iray to be overboard, just try rendering curved glass like a car windshield to see how out of whack it can get. It works well for some surfaces, like a drinking glass, but is way too strong on other surfaces, like water.

And, if you pull the camera further away from the subject and then adjust the camera's focal length you'll get significantly different results. That's a real life photography trick to reduce lens distortion and will affect how the render refractions & reflections look with iray renders.

Reactions: Kuranai

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
My first impression is that the water surface is to smooth, maybe rip a bump map from another surface and apply that to the water (adjust the strength as needed). And, the refraction strength is too strong.

One of the coolest things about 3d rendering vs. photography is that you can break the laws of physics. Don't worry about the water refraction value being "accurate" and tweak values until it looks good. I find most refraction effects within iray to be overboard, just try rendering curved glass like a car windshield to see how out of whack it can get. It works well for some surfaces, like a drinking glass, but is way too strong on other surfaces, like water.

And, if you pull the camera further away from the subject and then adjust the camera's focal length you'll get significantly different results. That's a real life photography trick to reduce lens distortion and will affect how the render refractions & reflections look with iray renders.
Thanks, It's not the water to say, I think it is the lighting. Every time I start a render to check every thing the Harwood House set changes lighting variables and switches over to CPU mode. I know that doesn't make any sense at all. At that point DAZ boogs down to a crawl, and the render has a strange tint to it. I have changed the HDR, and even deleted it completely from scene, but it comes back and messes things up. It is probably something horribly simple that I keep missing. It is a horrible asset to work with....... The bad thing is that It is a large part of the next few scenes....

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes