3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Evic

May 25, 2018
Ok, attached I have a screen shot and the render. Why is the cityscape in the window not showing in the render?
Could be so many things, let's guess it's because you're using a 3dl "Sky dome" in an iray render which doesn't actually work.

CyberW01f

Feb 9, 2018
Messing around with modifying some clothing assets.

View attachment 157724
OutOfTouch casual closet with sections replaced by lace cutout opacity.

View attachment 157725
2 layers of Trumpet Dress with opacity of portions of the surfaces set to zero or replaced by lace cutout opacity. Adjusted the vertical and horizontal tile offset to position the lace spider.
Do you have a recommended tutorial/guide for beginners (such as myself) on how to edit surfaces like that? I love to learn how do that!

Jan 8, 2018
TRISS!! :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

The Red dresses are the best!!!
Specially since you also used those heels!! :heartcoveredeyes:

She's INCREDIBLY Beautiful!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Damn!, amazing job!!
She looks great! :heartcoveredeyes:
Thank you I appreciate it and yup she does look pretty good.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The artwork on this thread is fantastic. There are definitely a few of you that I would love to have working with me on my game, so if any of you are interested in joining an already established (and fast-growing) game, please check out my post below and DM me if interested.

Reactions: L☹VE

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Do you have a recommended tutorial/guide for beginners (such as myself) on how to edit surfaces like that? I love to learn how do that!
Editing surfaces is one of the key skills to getting the most out of Daz. It can be used on characters, buildings, props as well as clothing. They all operate in a very similar fashion, so once you understand one you are half way to understanding the others. Whilst I have read some guidelines, most of my knowledge has come from trial and error. Please see the quick tutorial in the spoiler below that should make getting into playing with surfaces easier.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanos247

Devourer of Worlds
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
The trick to three point lighting using spotlights is to change the light geometry. This will simulate the shape and type of lighting used in actual photography and will mitigate the harshness of the shadows.

Thanks for tagging each pic. It's interesting to see a side by side comparison of the different setups.
Is it just me, or does EVERYONE who works on Daz seem to think they could use better lighting? I know for me, thats always the first thing I criticize about my work. The lighting looks good today, tomorrow it will look like shit, and all from the same render.

Reactions: Nottravis

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
The following is more of a lighting / surface shader test than an artistic contribution. There are also several images in each of the spoilers below that are fairly large (~1.5MB each).

In each of the spoilers below I have done 5 x 30 minute renders using 2 lighting styles and 3 alternative skin shaders. The skins were created using Skin Builder 8.
Lighting:
- 3 point lighting
- Butterfly emissive lighting
Shaders:
- Base
- Anagenessis (base + light pores + female lip gloss)
- Anagenessis as above with a tweak to Dual Lobe settings

General Thoughts:
As far as the lighting goes, the 3 points lighting yields a slightly more attractive result than the emissive butterfly lighting. It is minimal though, so I will continue to use both styles of light sources.

I have previously used the Anagenessis shader to significantly improve the quality of the previous skins I have used. However with the quality of the base skin generated through Skin Builder 8, the only affect that Agenessis seems to be doing is making the skin lighter. With its use of a Dual Lobe layer for a glossy / oily affect, it causes some problems with the emissive light source (reflection), however this is easily fixed by reducing the dual lobe layer weighting.

I also did some renders using the Ecvh0 Iray Skin Shaders (normal and pale) and the affects on the Skin Builder 8 skins wasn't pretty (Poor convergence / weird eye colours). As such I did not include in the above.

Above are just my thoughts, please feel free to scan the above images and reach your own conclusion.:cool:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes