3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Looks damn perfect to me ;)
Thanks, i really appreciate it.

It was kinda messed up, but i'am happy it isnt that easy to notice, under nose, belly and neck had 3 colors from 3 different light sources, 2 from almost the same place.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I need some Guru Help... Some time back I mentioned that I am having a problem with a particular set (asset Harwood House) it seems to default to CPU Render mode only for some reason. It is driving me batshit.... I can't seem to get it to even recognize the RTX 3080 at all and Bogs down a I-9 11 Gen at 5.3Ghz to a crawl to the point that the browser even falters coming up, and Denoiser won't even run........... Any one have any ideas.. It is that asset only so far that is giving me the fits. Is there a way to take the load off the CPU and maybe force it to use the GPU....

Reactions: csbond2

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
I need some Guru Help... Some time back I mentioned that I am having a problem with a particular set (asset Harwood House) it seems to default to CPU Render mode only for some reason. It is driving me batshit.... I can't seem to get it to even recognize the RTX 3080 at all and Bogs down a I-9 11 Gen at 5.3Ghz to a crawl to the point that the browser even falters coming up, and Denoiser won't even run........... Any one have any ideas.. It is that asset only so far that is giving me the fits. Is there a way to take the load off the CPU and maybe force it to use the GPU....
The only thing I know of that can make it do that would be if you exceed the memory that you have on the graphics card I had that trouble before I upgraded because it was only 4 GB of memory on the 1650 super that I had and it's possible that that asset that you're using is so big that it's taking up more of the memory I have something to do that every once in awhile even with my newer card.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
The only thing I know of that can make it do that would be if you exceed the memory that you have on the graphics card I had that trouble before I upgraded because it was only 4 GB of memory on the 1650 super that I had and it's possible that that asset that you're using is so big that it's taking up more of the memory I have something to do that every once in awhile even with my newer card.
Maybe that's it the card has 10g mem, and the asset loads a little over 7G of bit maps and other stuff, then a ton of other shit also that I really don't know what is.. I have 25 G of shared mem to the 3080, which reports back as having 35G of total mem. I would think that would be plenty..... That asset is a pure HOG!!

csbond2

Donor
Jun 12, 2020
Maybe that's it the card has 10g mem, and the asset loads a little over 7G of bit maps and other stuff, then a ton of other shit also that I really don't know what is.. I have 25 G of shared mem to the 3080, which reports back as having 35G of total mem. I would think that would be plenty..... That asset is a pure HOG!!
Far as I know the shared memory doesn't work the same way the memory on the card is super fast and it's faster than a memory on your motherboard which is what the shared memory would be that's why when it goes to the CPU it's a lot slower at least that's my understanding of it when you go to render it see if you can just click the eye off on some of the things that are not in the scene and it will take away from some of the memory there.

Reactions: FixMatik

Evic

May 25, 2018
Iray will not use shared memory in a GPU render, if you exceed the VRAM you're going to use the CPU.

The real issue is why are you loading so much into the scene? Most of it probably isn't visible and much of what is visible probably isn't required to complete your render(s). I've used Harwood house in quite a few renders and never come anywhere near filling up my 11gb of VRAM. Think of your render as a school theater set, put in just enough in just the right places and you can make a complex looking scene with very few objects. It's tempting to "build" or furnish an entire house and then just move the camera around but that's probably the worst thing you can do when rendering, the render engine isn't setup to work like that.

If you build your scenes starting from empty space and only adding what you need it's much easier than doing it the other way around. This will also usually result in drastically reduced render times and renders that need far fewer iterations to reach the quality you're looking for.

If you still struggle to keep the memory usage down consider playing around with "Scene Optimizer" (should be available here in asset releases) to quickly reduce the resolution on distant surfaces and even completely remove maps you don't need on many objects such as normal and bump maps surfaces that are small, distant or obscured by DoF or shadows.

Hope that helps ;)

Reactions: GNVE and FixMatik
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes