3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
Here's mine. But I kind of gave up on Daz for rendering and trying out Blender for the renders for now.

View attachment 1292959

Also...

View attachment 1292960

That was an earlier version with worse hair.
But I know she's not the usual thing I see in these forums. Sometimes I feel all alone in the world, being into the tiny, slim, petite ones which is why I haven't posted so far.
Know how you feel I like variety but my slim girls get ignored, have you tried the octane plugin for daz it's how I do my renders way better than daz without exporting hassle

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Post work is very important to getting the most out of a render. I've probably spent more time messing with lights and render settings, where it would have been better spent getting a render out, and getting a better look in post.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Postwork can do a lot for you, but please don't make it a habit to say "I fix it in post". Postwork has its own limits, and it will never make a masterpiece out of a bad base render.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Know how you feel I like variety but my slim girls get ignored, have you tried the octane plugin for daz it's how I do my renders way better than daz without exporting hassle
Sadly it causes a lot of problems for me. From the viewport render window popup bugging out so I can't access the minimize/maximize/close buttons or return to daz proper to flat out crashing, to never saving the materials and so on. I'd love to use octane and the few times it worked, I loved it. But I spend more time trying to figure wtf happened THIS time, than rendering.

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
Sadly it causes a lot of problems for me. From the viewport render window popup bugging out so I can't access the minimize/maximize/close buttons or return to daz proper to flat out crashing, to never saving the materials and so on. I'd love to use octane and the few times it worked, I loved it. But I spend more time trying to figure wtf happened THIS time, than rendering.
when that happens with the view port just drag the windows bar to the side of the screen and back(good trick for any program that does that) it used to crash a lot, now the only thing that ever makes it crash for me is loading a scene that has AI lights switched on, open viewport with it turned off first then turn it back on. As for materials not saving it only happens to one armor set for me. tbh with all the benefits it brings its worth learning how to work around the handful of bugs. I'm here a lot and happy to help.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Might give it another try then when I get some time off work. Definitely a better option than Blender because while Diffeomorphic is awesome, I still have to manually fix a lot of shaders/materials over there. Maybe Octane will actually use real world values for lights and cameras and I won't have to use ridiculous numbers to get the effects I'm after. :)

Reactions: Virtual Merc

Feb 3, 2020
Postwork can do a lot for you, but please don't make it a habit to say "I fix it in post". Postwork has its own limits, and it will never make a masterpiece out of a bad base render.
This. Also postwork requires two sets of skills whereas most hobbyists, especially those who are new to CG such as myself, barely have the time to learn just one.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes