3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
This. Also postwork requires two sets of skills whereas most hobbyists, especially those who are new to CG such as myself, barely have the time to learn just one.
A very simple trick to get started is to make the render a bit to bright almost washed out so you can see all the detail you want then adjust the brightness and contrast in gimp or PS.
Also there's postwork then there's this
really want to see the base render of that

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
A very simple trick to get started is to make the render a bit to bright almost washed out so you can see all the detail you want then adjust the brightness and contrast in gimp or PS.
Also there's postwork then there's this
really want to see the base render of that
an excellent use of Ron's brushes, if used well they are much more real and believable than the classic daz studio effects

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
View attachment 1290578
Low Res because of the shitload of time it takes to render :p 5 hours is ALOT for a test but wanted to see what you could do with it.
I think you use the wrong render settings. Standard is not good for performance. There are a few tricks to speed this up. I have a GTX 750ti and most times I have to use CPU-render and I hate how long it takes to render in 1080p and tried everything to speed render up.
1. If possible render static background and animation separately and put it later together in something like Blender or Adobe After Effects. (BTW that works for normal render, too. Just use Photoshop or Gimp etc. to compose your pic.) To render the animation separate remove everything else and disable the Dome.
2. Moving things don't need hires. You can use scene optimizer to get the resolutions of the char down. No need for 8k HD char if 2k is enough.
3. Change the standard render settings. Go to the submenu 'progressive rendering' and change 'max samples' from 5000 to something between 100 to 500 (for high details) and go to the submenu 'filtering' and set 'Post Denoiser available' to on and after that set 'Post Denoiser Enable' to on. For a quick preview of the render set max sample to 50-75. And don't use "movie" as output use "image series". That way if your PC crashes you can just restart after the last complete frame and don't lose precious render time. When output is a movie and need 5h for the full render and DAZ decide to crash after 4.5h that are 4.5h lost. With images series you just check wich was the last frame rendered and set that as start in the render settings->General->Render Range. You can use that for test renders for a check of the quality too. Just set the end to 2 and check the image if it's ok for you. The more 'max samples' the higher the details. Just start with 100 max samples, make a test render and turn it higher until you are satisfied. 100 will be enough in most times. Only when you need much more details go up and even then you'll rarely use more than 300.

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
an excellent use of Ron's brushes, if used well they are much more real and believable than the classic daz studio effects
I wish I had the talent and a steady hand to pull that off, unfortunately my sister got all the art skills and I'm the tech nerd so I rely filters and adjustments, If I'm feeling brave I might whip out the heal tool haha.
edit: I think you catch all my posts, so can I ask a favor, I'm colorblind so if something is off with the colors please let me know. damn green and reds

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes