3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So question. Is this thread about renders that have been done with Daz? Or renders with characters and scenes that have been made in Daz? Asking because after transfering the character over and without messing much with materials etc, I can get a lot better renders in Blender Cycles or Maya Arnold in like..a fourth of the time Daz Iray takes. So I wanted to know if I can keep posting those or not.

Last edited:

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
So question. Is this thread about renders that have been done with Daz? Or renders with characters and scenes that have been made in Daz? Asking because after transfering the character over and without messing much with materials etc, I can get a lot better renders in Blender Cycles or Maya Arnold in like..a fourth of the time Daz Iray takes. So I wanted to know if I can keep posting those or not.
I think it's okay as long as it has a sufficient connection to Daz.
Made in Daz, rendered in whatever -> OK
Made in whatever, composed and rendered with Daz -> OK
HoneySelect screenshot of a girl wearing a shirt with the inscripion "I hate Daz" -> I don't think so

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
Was asked for a human version of my dungeon contest entry
So here she is View attachment 1312462
Wow. Just... WOW!!!

HoneySelect screenshot of a girl wearing a shirt with the inscripion "I hate Daz" -> I don't think so
Dammit. Now what am I gonna post?!?

I must admit I love your Aurora character almost as much as my Caroline... almost... but damn it's close
I do love your Caroline, but I so look forward to the latest images of this blue haired goddess.

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
I'm sure nobody would mind If you used other 3d software entirely as long as it's rendered and not a screen shot. We just need to know you know the pain of rendering for at least 30mins or more only to notice something wrong and have to start over....multiple times.....

Reactions: Techn0magier

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I'm sure nobody would mind If you used other 3d software entirely as long as it's rendered and not a screen shot. We just need to know you know the pain of rendering for at least 30mins or more only to notice something wrong and have to start over....multiple times.....
we really need this "Agreed" reaction.

Reactions: Virtual Merc
Apr 18, 2021
- The light is too flat. In general, the lighting is off and could need a rework. Consider where your light sources are and what kind of shadows they should create on her face and body.

Those below are nitpicked don't consider them when you are an actual beginner. ;)

- The surfaces, in general, are too clean, too perfect. The same goes for her model, maybe play a little bit with asymmetry morphs or deformer.
- Her arm doesn't convey pressure but clipping through the locker. The same goes for the finger on her right hand.
- The lens does look a little bit like a Tele Lens, not a Normal Lens like human eyes. So she appears a little bit deformed.
- Not enough clutter to be a believable hallway (ignore this if you have a potato for a computer ;) )
- Colour, colour and colour. Nothing really pops and it seems to me that the white balance outdoors doesn't match the white balance of your interior.
Thank you for the suggestions. Do you know of good lens setting for something natural looking like human eyes? Getting that arm to sit right is a challenge...
Unfortunately I am colorblind and do my best but it gets really confusing trying to balance things out when the colors don't make sense to me.
Totally agree about the clutter! Am working on that :D

I think the big thing wrong with the face is that the eyes are angled up too much. You can select both eyes and set their "point at" parameter to the camera. Sometimes you'll have to turn the head too, to make it look right. You may want to angle the head a bit anyway, since looking at her straight-on is a bit of an unflattering angle (but better lighting might help a lot there).

As for adding people/scene clutter, if you're #PotatoSquad you can also just adjust the camera so less of the corridor is visible ;) Otherwise... clutter is generally cheap, especially if you run Scene Optimizer to make sure a stray pencil doesn't have a 4096x4096 texture (Some assets are horrible about this). Adding too many people will make your GPU cry, but there are shortcuts you can take.
So I did try the eyeball point at camera setting but it seems to look wrong. I will try to adjust it manually.

On the model specifically or the render in general? Also..some background on what's happening here? Is it school hours? After school? If for example it's supposed to be them breaking in to steal stuff and are arguing on how to cover their tracks..that's a really bad render. :)

Obviously it's not my example but if you want feedback on the scene, we'd need more information.

As it is, I assume it's school hours during a break or something. In that case, I'd add a few passing students (being alone in an empty hallway during a break between classes is weird). That's for the scene in general.

As for models, you really need to find better models for the lockers. Textures as well, but mostly models, or at the very least edit the one you have and add some bevels here.
View attachment 1312013

As for the girl, she looks creepy to me but I can't place it. Probably the eyes? I don't really know.

The general layout looks nice, but if I were you, this window shot is the perfect usecase for volumetric lights. Will look better and will fix the relative flat lighting, but will also take longer to render. So it's up to you really if you want to go that route.

Plus everything that Techn0magier said. Some are easy to fix to get a good render, others are harder. He posted while I was writing so..no point writing them all over again. So I leave just the extra stuff I wrote.
The background is during school hours, between classes, the MC is talking to her about their plans for the last week of school. Soon the bell will ring and they will go to class, so I agree, there totally needs to be some clutter or stuff in the hallway.
After spending about an hour trying to retexture these crappy lockers I have decided to replace them completely. They are really bad anyways and can't even open.
Hmm what makes her creepy? Can't have people getting creeped out or too uncanny valley :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes