3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Guys I could really use some feedback on this render in general please.
MC having a casual conversation with friend at school.

View attachment 1311985
I think the big thing wrong with the face is that the eyes are angled up too much. You can select both eyes and set their "point at" parameter to the camera. Sometimes you'll have to turn the head too, to make it look right. You may want to angle the head a bit anyway, since looking at her straight-on is a bit of an unflattering angle (but better lighting might help a lot there).

As for adding people/scene clutter, if you're #PotatoSquad you can also just adjust the camera so less of the corridor is visible ;) Otherwise... clutter is generally cheap, especially if you run Scene Optimizer to make sure a stray pencil doesn't have a 4096x4096 texture (Some assets are horrible about this). Adding too many people will make your GPU cry, but there are shortcuts you can take.

NawtyMills3D

Jan 2, 2018
Eve thinking about the beach.
Not completely happy with the posing of her arms and the pose did something very weird to her right leg.

Eve.jpg

Eve went to the beach. Haven't done much with HDRIs before but her feet don't seem to be quite touching the ground.

Eve2.jpg

Comments and feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Not completely happy with the posing of her arms and the pose did something very weird to her right leg.

View attachment 1312118

Eve went to the beach. Haven't done much with HDRIs before but her feet don't seem to be quite touching the ground.

View attachment 1312119

Cheers.
HDRIs are projected on a sphere by default in DAZ. You have to activate the ground option and then adjust her position to the ground level of the scene.

In the picture above there are two things that have to be taken in mind. First, the sofa needs deformable upholstery. This particular asset isn't really capable of that. Even with the inbuild SubD. I recommend do use a different one till you know how to build your own stuff for that.
Second, her pose is plain wrong. You can use it as a starting point. But you have to change the orientation of most of her bones, to fit her and the furniture. Her body needs way more contact points to the sofa beneath her and her mid will have a slight curve. Just look at references and see how gravity will influence posture. The same goes for her breasts. And dare I say it, watch maybe one or two videos about models and posing in photography, to understand what they do to achieve certain looks and effects.

Reactions: NawtyMills3D

atheran

Feb 3, 2020

Cheers.
In regards to the first image, I'd work on the pose quite a bit. It's not just the arms or the leg, a human would never lay down that way. At the very least, drop her torso to be in contact with the couch pillows. Then try deforming both the pillows and the body, which is not something I'm comfortable with in Daz so I can't offer any suggestions yet.

On this one, I think a bigger issue is the shadow that is /so/ sharp. That wouldn't happen with just the sun in a scene. If you're having any extra lights turn them off, if you're using just the hdri, play a bit with the intensity of it. If neither works, add a rectangular light out of frame, big and intense enough to diffuse the shadows a bit. Same with the shadow on her left shoulder, if it's the hair mesh causing it, diffuse the shadow.

For the feet..that's a bit harder to fix. I use Studio Lights something or other (will edit once the current test render is over) that has a proper floor, I'm not sure how you can land a character properly on an hdri, if it is even possible. But a large plane positioned properly on her feet with a similar texture to the sand, would help you have the contact properly and it'd be easy enough to blend to the hdri in Photoshop.

EDIT: From now on I'll refrain from feedback and critique. Techn0magier is faster and does a better job at it. :)

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
Guys I could really use some feedback on this render in general please.
MC having a casual conversation with friend at school.

View attachment 1311985
It's good. I like the dof and the pose. It does look like maybe the fingers on the right hand are clipping into her pants, but other than that, it looks great to me. Nice job lining up the imagine in the background.

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes