3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
These are some /very/ clean renders. I'm jealous. But I have a strong feeling it's Octane that's used, so..sucks for me that I can't use it. :)
I only use Iray in Daz itself.
This is as clean as I get my renders, and I'm quite pleased with this result.
Links to previous parts are at the bottom of that post (Part 01 is particularly exemplary for good renders in my opinion).
I'm still working on finishing This series up, I'm expecting a minimum of 10 more renders for this series but if I get inspired I may end up extending on it some more.

Reactions: OutOfAshes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Hey, this was rendered with NVIDIA Iray and denoised with Intel's denoiser. I personally like the look that the denoiser gives the renders even if it loses some detail. It makes it look a bit like a high definition painting.
Then I'd need to try that denoiser. I wish I could do renders like that. Also, I'd suggest you dabble in product rendering. This setup and the quality would bring you lots of income I think. Long as you keep posting those beautiful images here.

I only use Iray in Daz itself.
This is as clean as I get my renders, and I'm quite pleased with this result.
Links to previous parts are at the bottom of that post (Part 01 is particularly exemplary for good renders in my opinion).
I'm still working on finishing This series up, I'm expecting a minimum of 10 more renders for this series but if I get inspired I may end up extending on it some more.
These are all great renders but it's far away from what I had in mind for my own stuff. Breivik's renders are much closer to it. I bet with some more dramatic lighting and his settings I could get mine look a lot better. But I'm going for a certain look, not *simply* good looking renders. His 'product photography' style is nowhere close to what I want but this in his words 'HD painting' look I think would fit what I have in mind.

EDIT: I was about to upload my latest one, but her head looks too big for some reason. I didn't change the model or anything so it's probably the camera settings and angle. Maybe I decide to upload later anyways, but for now I need to get some work done first.

Reactions: Leeduva

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Then I'd need to try that denoiser. I wish I could do renders like that. Also, I'd suggest you dabble in product rendering. This setup and the quality would bring you lots of income I think. Long as you keep posting those beautiful images here.
Denoiser will not do your renders any justice I think. Denoiser kills texture and detail. You're better off using a denoiser afterwards on the finished render but only if you really have to. I rarely have to use denoiser. I light my scene a bit brighter than I have to in order to get all the detail I want and then darken it in photoshop to get the desired look.

You can also oversample and then reduce size to counter noise.

This is my latest render, no noise from the render itself, I only needed to adjust some levels and retouch a few artefacts. Villa Toscana Sara closeup M_02.JPG

Reactions: Leeduva

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Denoiser will not do your renders any justice I think. Denoiser kills texture and detail. You're better off using a denoiser afterwards on the finished render but only if you really have to. I rarely have to use denoiser. I light my scene a bit brighter than I have to in order to get all the detail I want and then darken it in photoshop to get the desired look.

You can also oversample and then reduce size to counter noise.
Of course at the finished render. Isn't that how nvidia denoiser works? I wouldn't touch the DAZ one, that's for sure. I did that mistake once. As for oversampling..I'm a proud member of the #potatosquad with a laptop carrying a 6700HQ and a 970m. Oversampling kills the render times for me. If I render an image at FHD in 4h, at 4k it takes about 3h to start returning percentages to me. Even if I left it to 50% and then stopped the render to reduce the size, it'd still take about 6-7h.

EDIT: Because I forgot the part of the comment about lighting it brighter than needed. That might reduce render times, and it's a good idea for the normal renders. But since I started using volumetric lighting, if I make the lights brighter, the whole image is blown out. I haven't found a way yet to get rim lighting working without making the render look like it's placed in a heavy snowstorm or the middle of a thick fog.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
Of course at the finished render. Isn't that how nvidia denoiser works? I wouldn't touch the DAZ one, that's for sure. I did that mistake once. As for oversampling..I'm a proud member of the #potatosquad with a laptop carrying a 6700HQ and a 970m. Oversampling kills the render times for me. If I render an image at FHD in 4h, at 4k it takes about 3h to start returning percentages to me. Even if I left it to 50% and then stopped the render to reduce the size, it'd still take about 6-7h.

EDIT: Because I forgot the part of the comment about lighting it brighter than needed. That might reduce render times, and it's a good idea for the normal renders. But since I started using volumetric lighting, if I make the lights brighter, the whole image is blown out. I haven't found a way yet to get rim lighting working without making the render look like it's placed in a heavy snowstorm or the middle of a thick fog.
Hey, I'm the guy who started the #Potatosquad hastag here several months back. I know a thing or two about long rendertimes. on my old pc I had average rendertimes between 14 and 18hrs.
I have one supersize picture I had render for 127hrs in 20hr sessions with some cooldown in sleepmode in between it made my PC unusable for a whole week.
Even my screensaver (a rotating word on a black background) barely got 3 frames per minute.
I now have a new pc better suited for graphical workloads but I feel you dude.

Edit: The name Potatosquad came from FixMatik but I launched it as a tag for low end or no GPU users. This is the post that started this movement.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes