3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
What should I look to learn if I'm trying to learn postwork in photoshop?
Depends on what needs to be done as postwork. Mostly it's just some adjusting of depth and dynamics, so the basics are how to use gradation curves and maybe a bit of color correction. This part ist the same as editing a photograph, so if you don't find a tutorial how to this for a DAZ render you can .
Sometimes, e.g. when you want to remove some clipping or other strange artefacts on the skin of your model, you have to know .
That's all I do as postwork basically. But as I said, it depends on the rendering, sometime there is more to be done, sometimes less.

Reactions: Klolita

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
looking to improve lighting on this one, got any tips? View attachment 1328884
Only one. You could experiment with different shadows, reflections and/or colours. Maybe set a trace that the viewer's eyes could follow instead of overwhelming them with the whole image at once.

These are my main references for the martini glass shot.
They rely heavily on a vignette effect that darkens the underside of the glass and use either a rim light or a highlight to emphasize the part of the girl the audience should focus on.

latesun

Jul 26, 2019
Only one. You could experiment with different shadows, reflections and/or colours. Maybe set a trace that the viewer's eyes could follow instead of overwhelming them with the whole image at once.

These are my main references for the martini glass shot.
They rely heavily on a vignette effect that darkens the underside of the glass and use either a rim light or a highlight to emphasize the part of the girl the audience should focus on.
martini2_nvidia.png
much thanks for advice, looking kinda better

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
Yeah, only now it's not clear how to fix that stupid intersection of the hairstyle meshes with the main character mesh, which creates black streaks on the forehead...
That's why I abandoned the bridge between DAZ and Blender - you never know what you'll get in the final render.
I don't use this bridge, but I guess this clipping is the same as those black artefacts on the forehead in a DAZ Iray render. And this is often solved with expanding the hair cap. If the morphs are provided in the asset this is a comparatively easy way to fix this. You can check you model for hair cap clipping if you select "Smooth shaded" as preview mode, so you can see and fix it before rendering or using the bridge.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
I don't use this bridge, but I guess this clipping is the same as those black artefacts on the forehead in a DAZ Iray render. And this is often solved with expanding the hair cap. If the morphs are provided in the asset this is a comparatively easy way to fix this. You can check you model for hair cap clipping if you select "Smooth shaded" as preview mode, so you can see and fix it before rendering or using the bridge.
Yes, I know this issue, don't worry.
The problem is that you have to export the required morph to Blender separately and, if you forget to do this, go back to Daz again.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes