3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Back to an older pose/render and moved the camera and redid the lighting. I'm still more interested in the art and the lighting setups than any 'sexy' renders.

Any feedback? On this one I'd probably soften the rim light from her left and I still don't like how plasticy the face looks. I managed to fix the visible seams and the eyebrows at least, as well as applying some lighting to the hair to give better form to the subject.

I'm open and would welcome any constructive criticism. Model/pose/proportions/monochrome render is not changing (I'll make other scenes for such changes), but I'd like some ideas for better lighting. I'm not going specifically for realism, but I want to emulate old film monochrome cameras, since it will be a huge part of the style my future project will be based on.

Panties_noir_1.png

Edit because I forgot to add the render... -_-
I blame the heat, the heat forces my brain into hibernation.

For reference, here is the old render.
Panties noir.png

latesun

Jul 26, 2019
Back to an older pose/render and moved the camera and redid the lighting. I'm still more interested in the art and the lighting setups than any 'sexy' renders.

Any feedback? On this one I'd probably soften the rim light from her left and I still don't like how plasticy the face looks. I managed to fix the visible seams and the eyebrows at least, as well as applying some lighting to the hair to give better form to the subject.

I'm open and would welcome any constructive criticism. Model/pose/proportions/monochrome render is not changing (I'll make other scenes for such changes), but I'd like some ideas for better lighting. I'm not going specifically for realism, but I want to emulate old film monochrome cameras, since it will be a huge part of the style my future project will be based on.

View attachment 1334024

Edit because I forgot to add the render... -_-
I blame the heat, the heat forces my brain into hibernation.

For reference, here is the old render.
View attachment 1334032
I think you might have done this, but still, have you tried adding a very subtle ghost light to counter your main spotlight, just to reduce the pores and the plasticy effect on face but still not enough to cancel bigger shadows

Reactions: atheran

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I think you might have done this, but still, have you tried adding a very subtle ghost light to counter your main spotlight, just to reduce the pores and the plasticy effect on face but still not enough to cancel bigger shadows
I haven't. Truth be told, I'm pretty new to Daz and all the lights I use are sadly either spotlights or area lights. I know photography and Daz has proven to be really hard to work with for lighting. I have to emulate the best I can for softboxes, umbrelas, diffusers, reflectors etc, all while using values that make no sense whatsoever (like..450k lux for a rim light).

That's /exactly/ the kind of feedback I was looking for. Now off to search ghost lights I suppose while letting it render another hour or so for a small change on one rim light in the scene. ;)

latesun

Jul 26, 2019
I haven't. Truth be told, I'm pretty new to Daz and all the lights I use are sadly either spotlights or area lights. I know photography and Daz has proven to be really hard to work with for lighting. I have to emulate the best I can for softboxes, umbrelas, diffusers, reflectors etc, all while using values that make no sense whatsoever (like..450k lux for a rim light).

That's /exactly/ the kind of feedback I was looking for. Now off to search ghost lights I suppose while letting it render another hour or so for a small change on one rim light in the scene. ;)
You might also want to look into denoisers ,they are really helpful for dark scenes

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes