3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Oct 17, 2020
I love the lighting. as a matter of fact I would ask what settings you are using
Seeing as I'm a bit of a dumb twat, I accidentally overwrote that scene (PROTIP: never name any scenes 'test') but as far as I can remember this was it:

• HDRI: with Environment Lighting set to 2
  • 2 primitive 1x1 meter planes set to be emissive, roughly positioned at 45 degrees viewer left and right pointing at the model
  • 2 point lights behind the model - back left and right - for 'rim' lighting (one may have been a plane though, I forget)
  • Shutter speed: 200
  • Film ISO: 200 (might be lower, around 150)
  • F/Stop:???
  • Gamma: 2.0

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Well, render is still in progress but I'm happy with the current state of it.
Somehow after rebooting Daz, my by default 4k res in render settings switched to 2000x1333 for whatever reason.

I'm probably not going to work on this scene for a while still as I'm quite happy with it's current state. Maybe a 4k at some point in the future plus fix a couple of things.

1) Vellus hair is closer to what I wanted, but still not perfect. Problem is I can't see the changes without spending a minimum of 2h rendering, but for anyone wondering, I set the opacity to 0.2 and increased the translucency to .4 though that latter adds a long time to the renders.

2) One thing I'd change would be to add some pubic hair, a thin strip perhaps if I found a good product with strand based pubes in different styles. I'm pretty confident it'd make the composition better.

3) Lastly, I'd drop the detail on the areola's/nipples by about 20-30%. As it is now it is WAY too strong.

This one uses two lights only. A strong rim light and a very faint disc light under her arched back. I tried to do the same effect with reflection on the floor but it'd need about 64h to finish by my calculations. So I faked it.

Besides those three things, I think it's a lot better than the previous render. Also, from now on, I'll save every scene in case I want to visit it again on the future (re-render, finalize poses etc).

Any feedback/constructive criticism/what have you, is always welcomed. I want to get better after all.

r.png

PS. I have a strong feeling I haven't applied the PBR shader correctly when updating my g8f character. I should try and fix that somehow.

Trueinfernus

Jul 30, 2017
Seeing as I'm a bit of a dumb twat, I accidentally overwrote that scene (PROTIP: never name any scenes 'test') but as far as I can remember this was it:

• HDRI: with Environment Lighting set to 2
  • 2 primitive 1x1 meter planes set to be emissive, roughly positioned at 45 degrees viewer left and right pointing at the model
  • 2 point lights behind the model - back left and right - for 'rim' lighting (one may have been a plane though, I forget)
  • Shutter speed: 200
  • Film ISO: 200 (might be lower, around 150)
  • F/Stop:???
  • Gamma: 2.0
Thank you

• Red Heart
Reactions: kazuma_the_guy
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes