3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Above the thread somebody dug documentation that this option was simply removed because it did not work correctly with VRAM. That is, after 4.12 there is no OptiX at all, as well as normal RAM or VRAM management.

I'm fine with my version of DAZ. :)
View attachment 1357529
Usually I defer to you as you have mastered fan art from games I enjoy, but in this case you are just wrong. OptiX was not removed from DAZ Iray it was just hidden. So since 4.12 you cannot deselect OptiX because there is no checkbox. It is always on!

Here is more background on OptiX; Optix is a physics and particle simulation GPU acceleration system built by Nvidia. Optix can simulate audio wave reflections in a space, radio wave reflections, gamma radiation propagation, ocean temperature simulations and many other things. One of those other things it is used for is doing light bouncing and propagation in a space for visual rendering. OptiX Prime was built as a library that setup OptiX specifically for visualizations of light. The current public release of Iray is based on OptiX Prime.

I am happy you are fine. It would be bad if it was any other way.

D3xxo Nucl31c

Jul 31, 2021
I've been using Photoshop for about a decade now and I just found out about some tools that I've never used before like the gradation function and the threshold function.
You guys can see the examples below, the first picture is how it came out from DAZ, the second one is some color manipulation so it looks better (al least to me).
That was my regular workflow but on the third picture I added a sharpen filter which in my opinion made the picture look a bit better. The last three were just for fun but I still learned new functions of the program

So i guess what I'm trying to say is (and maybe most of you guys know this but) use a program like Photoshop on your renders and play with it, if Instagram "models" use them why not us. :LUL:
QUEEN_ELF_original.jpg
QUEEN_ELF_02 fixed.jpg
QUEEN_ELF_sharpen filter.jpg
QUEEN_ELF_gradient 01 orange and purple.jpg
QUEEN_ELF_02 Gradient 02 black n white.jpg
QUEEN_ELF_02 threshhold.jpg
:BootyTime:

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
probably not the best place to ask... but, can someone please merge these 2 for me with scene 2 blinded into the background?

Minengeschoss

Nov 25, 2018
Inspired by the recent developments in Afghanistan:

StephanieWH.png

edit: I already got criticism. For clarification, I think it's horrible what's happening in Afghanistan and it's so sad what might happen to the women and children there. Take this render as my method of coping, not as making fun of either the developments there or what happened in the US capitol on 6 January. Thank you.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes