3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Filtered. I like the low lighting renders more in general. But..what's going on with the FoV there? Did you fisheye the room?
I used renpy to filter the image by using this code

Python:
image dnihht01_night01 = im.MatrixColor("images/bedroom/david/dnihht01.png", im.matrix.tint(0.5,0.5,0.6) * im.matrix.brightness(-0.1))
image dnihht02_night02 = im.MatrixColor("images/bedroom/david/dnihht02.png", im.matrix.tint(0.5,0.5,0.6) * im.matrix.brightness(-0.1))
image dnihht03_night03 = im.MatrixColor("images/bedroom/david/dnihht03.png", im.matrix.tint(0.5,0.5,0.6) * im.matrix.brightness(-0.1))

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I used renpy to filter the image by using this code
I have no idea about renpy code but te FOV is there even in the original. Too wide in my opinion, but it might be a conscious choice for all I know. A drone for example spying on them and you tried to simulate its camera or something.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
There's something weird about that and I can't wrap my head around it.

New skin (that I'm really happy with) and new butt (that I'm not. I liked the last version of her butt a lot more but overwrote the file)

I have a feeling it's the proportions that throw me off, but I'm not sure which is it. :(

Celia_back_front.png

Critique/feedback, always appreciated of course. Also..Some nice nails/toenails combo, because currently, I have zero toenail materials in my library.

PS. Straight from Daz, I simply composited them side by side in photoshop.
PPS. Also..The ears are bad. I could use some better ear morph ideas.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
I have no idea about renpy code but te FOV is there even in the original. Too wide in my opinion, but it might be a conscious choice for all I know. A drone for example spying on them and you tried to simulate its camera or something.
one spotlight on each character to highlight them and one camera?

top 4 images are the originals from daz bottom 4 are from renpy using the
MatrixColor
matrix.tint
matrix.brightness

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
Usually I defer to you as you have mastered fan art from games I enjoy, but in this case you are just wrong. OptiX was not removed from DAZ Iray it was just hidden. So since 4.12 you cannot deselect OptiX because there is no checkbox. It is always on!

Here is more background on OptiX; Optix is a physics and particle simulation GPU acceleration system built by Nvidia. Optix can simulate audio wave reflections in a space, radio wave reflections, gamma radiation propagation, ocean temperature simulations and many other things. One of those other things it is used for is doing light bouncing and propagation in a space for visual rendering. OptiX Prime was built as a library that setup OptiX specifically for visualizations of light. The current public release of Iray is based on OptiX Prime.

I am happy you are fine. It would be bad if it was any other way.
Joke accepted.
Here is discussion about OptiX Prime Acceleration:

It's a little more complicated there. Since version 4.12, DAZ gave this issue to the graphics card itself, which actually caused many users to think about buying the expensive RTX 3090, because their old scenes are no longer fit in VRAM of their old videocards.

And yes, 'it's always on now', DAZ is not optimized for this parameter since version 4.12. I'm wrong about that (as always, I should have checked it myself rather than take others' word for it).

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
thank you. i wasn't hopeful i would find someone to help me. i don't have much luck. i've been working on a story--a Ghostface of my own creation... but at it for months. finding good songs, finding good quality versions, tweaking them, the art, numerous fixes and redoes to the point of physical and emotional pains... only to have my guy that has been helping me to get all caught up in life and had to bail--leaving me on my own. i appreciate this--it's the last scene i need. thanks.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes