3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So..I was trying to emulate a real world camera in Blender. Specifically the Canon EOS 6D Mark II. From the sensor size to the available F/stops and the exposure/EV/shutter speeds and so on. With an already emulated 50mm lens.

This is with F/2.8 at 70 cm distance, with a shutter speed of 1/100s and ISO of 400. Looks a lot more acurate to the real thing compared to iray or even octane, it's a proper 6240 × 4160 resolution for the sensor and it rendered in 90 minutes, which is half of what a 1080p would take me on iray. There's no post work aside from turning it to monochrome (I wish Blender would support monochrome on viewport/render). It only uses one rim light (custom physically accurate spotlight instead of Blender's default).

bourdoir_1_resized.png

PS. Link to photobox, because f95zone as well as ibb, imgur and a couple of others, refused to host a 50mb image. Here I attach a downscaled one. Half the resolution and 1/60th of the size. I wonder what all got lost in the downscale.

PPS. I know. Vellus hair would make it that much better. Problem is, I can't get Daz's vellus to work in Blender/Cycles. But if I switch to that for the better/faster renders, I might create my own with the time I save, long as I stick to Celia/Siobhan for closeups. Making vellus hair for a bunch of characters would take more time than I save.

PPPS. I think I will try LuxCore next and see how that one is, considering it's supposed to be a lot more accurate than Cycles.

Any suggestions/feedback is always appreciated. And yes. I know this was cheating, If that's a problem, I'll stick to posting Iray only renders here.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes