3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Kaneki117

Oct 21, 2018
Hi, I need some help... my mind is going to explode lol I recently installed dazstudio on my pc and also installed offline genesis 8 and 8.1 but when I want to load the female character I only see a body of gray cubes and I don't know what is happening if I have the wrong location of the genesis files or I will need some app??? please help!!

Loz60

Jul 29, 2021
Hi, I need some help... my mind is going to explode lol I recently installed dazstudio on my pc and also installed offline genesis 8 and 8.1 but when I want to load the female character I only see a body of gray cubes and I don't know what is happening if I have the wrong location of the genesis files or I will need some app??? please help!!
Sounds like missing files. Try installing DAZ Central app to download and install DAZ products directly.

5ickcycl3

May 22, 2020
Hmm, I'm not sure how long he has been staying away from jerking off :oops:
Btw, I'm working on a sorf of Croft Manor outdoor pool scene, I'm satisfied with the asset ( ), but it needs re-texturing/re-shading to match canon Croft Manor. :unsure:
SCLC916.jpg
SCLC917.jpg

Loz60

Jul 29, 2021
NO!!!
DO not install DAZ Central - this app is pure beginners crap and known for messing up your files.
Use DIM or manual install, but NEVER DAZ Central.
Never had a problem with messing up files. You say it's 'known' for messing up files. Could you point me to where that info comes from. I'd like to look into it.

shlongwrangler

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2021
Never had a problem with messing up files. You say it's 'known' for messing up files. Could you point me to where that info comes from. I'd like to look into it.
Daz Central is in fact widely known to be a step back / mess up things that used to work. It's much better to just use DIM as it has been around for years.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
somehow i am to stupid to use the installer too. Was never able to get the downloaded and extracted rar-files to be installed by this app. I solved it by creating a folder named "DAZStuff", extract all zip-content WITH THE FOLDER STRUCTURE to this location and added it as a content-folder in the Daz-application/menurider left side/content library. (very useful when you have limited HD space and just create this Folder on an external HD. But it should be a SSD for speed-reasons ;) )

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
somehow i am to stupid to use the installer too. Was never able to get the downloaded and extracted rar-files to be installed by this app. I solved it by creating a folder named "DAZStuff", extract all zip-content WITH THE FOLDER STRUCTURE to this location and added it as a content-folder in the Daz-application/menurider left side/content library. (very useful when you have limited HD space and just create this Folder on an external HD. But it should be a SSD for speed-reasons ;) )
There are some good video tutorials out there for DIM. Unfortunately, I am busy at the moment trying to move all the data from my failing external 8 TB HDD; therefore, I cannot point you to those tutorials, but there are some good ones in the DAZ store and also for free at YT.
The magic with DIM is that you should define where your installation folders are before you start downloading anything.

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
There are some good video tutorials out there for DIM. Unfortunately, I am busy at the moment trying to move all the data from my failing external 8 TB HDD; therefore, I cannot point you to those tutorials, but there are some good ones in the DAZ store and also for free at YT.
The magic with DIM is that you should define where your installation folders are before you start downloading anything.
is there any benefit using the installer compared to accessing the content via contentlibrary?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes