3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
Screwdrivers are taking over the place. I fear that they may be a sub-race of radioactive space petunias after all. Trying to take over the world, stealing girls from us. Apparently they are efficient!
Damn screwdriver! Stealing my girl! How dare he! and he's making me watch!!! Arrrggg my heads going to explode!

Reactions: Ennoch

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Created a new character Milla. Was aiming for a thin model look. There are several additional poses / images in the spoiler.
View attachment 177218
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Great model, nice alt sci-fi type hair , good balance on the body, thin but not straying into unhealthy looking, slight breast asymmetry is a nice touch.

Good Job

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Something's wrong.
One hour for a background-free render in PNG is a waste of time.
One hour for a render is normal?
The speed of rendering is predominately related to the type of video card you are using. If you are using on board graphics, doing quality renders in 1 hour is not possible. The speed is proportional to GPU speed and when using Iray you will generally get faster results from nVidia cards.

For reference the images for the Milla character above were 30 minute renders at 4k done on a nVidia GTX 1060 (worth about 250USD new). Also note that there were minimal improvements to the image after the first 10 minutes.
Video benchmarks -

Edit:
On closer inspection of your image, you appear to be using body hair. I suspect this is dramatically increasing the render time due to the ray tracing complexity it creates. With reference to my earlier comments please see the 5 minute render in the spoiler below. Achieved 109 iterations in this time, with image clearly recognisable after 10 iterations.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
Something's wrong.
I have 8 GB of RAM
total physical memory = 7.39 gb
physical memory available = 1.88 gb
total virtual memory = 17.4 gb
virtual memory available = 8.51 gb

View attachment 177301
I'm using an i7 notebook with 16gb ram and a 2gb nVidia 940m.

Using the default HDR with settings from the guides on here.

was 1 hours 36 minutes, 723 iterations for a 1669x2160 PNG.

I could have stopped at about 45 min to an hour and had a good enough render, but wondered how long it was going to take.

Read through the guides to find some of the settings you have to turn down to speed up your rendering.

Reactions: maxxxboy

p_staker

Mar 31, 2018
Something's wrong.
I have 8 GB of RAM
total physical memory = 7.39 gb
physical memory available = 1.88 gb
total virtual memory = 17.4 gb
virtual memory available = 8.51 gb

View attachment 177301
I have a question, what model is it and does it have, what looks like fibermesh, body hair?

If it does have fibermesh body hair then that is probably raising your render time significantly.

Reactions: maxxxboy
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes