3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

NaillMcDracken

Apr 23, 2020
I like the effect you ended up with. makes it look like a damaged old print or something like that.

Well I guess part of the problem is that you have a brown character against a brown background.
The subject is also lit from the back rather than the front. Which makes them more part of the background.
The problem for you is that the eye is not drawn to the character.

But depending on what look you are going for you could try cranking up the saturation a little as well. Make it pop more as a whole. (This will do nothing for the brown against brown issue though)
I see that you do understand my problem and you know what I am looking for. In fact that is what I wanted to do with this illustration, although in the process I admit that I screwed up by letting the girl's face not attract attention.
Thanks for the advice.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
I really like that figure and her expression. Would you be willing to share some information about which assets you used to create her? Or is she all custom made?
For sure. Hair is , skin texture is , though I edited the maps a bit to remove the eyebrows (so I could use different ones), as well as remove the blemishes/scarring. I did this for the diffuse, SSS, bump and normal maps. There are others I should probably have edited too, but those are the most important and the scars are basically not visible anymore as far as I can tell. Personally, I really really enjoy this skin.

For the expression (and a slight hair tweak), I actually used Bluestacks + FaceApp. I find messing with teeth and smiling expressions to be tedious and although the 8.1 facial rig has improved things, it's simply easier to use AI in renders like this where the face is clearly visible and I want the character to be smiling. Photoshop also offers neural filters which can do similar stuff but it's cloud-based so you will need a license. I've seen that this technique is frowned upon by some, but I think the result is too nice not to use in situations where you can and want to. I suspect as many others do that AI in the coming years will reshape how many of us approach realism in rendering.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes