Shae: "And what does mommy hate?"

Connor: "Lying."

Shae: "Good lad, Now finish your breakfast."
Shae Reading with logo.jpg

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Still on a kick with these alien girls.

"As more Zfarn travel to Earth as part of various Species Exchange Programs, many are fascinated with the range of biomes situated on the planet. In particular, parks have enthralled more than a few. On their homeworld, the few naturally verdant green areas are held as holy sites and of great importance, it has been difficult for those Zfarn to understand that Earth has many of these parks and nearly all are held for recreational use.

Of course, it hasn't stopped some from enjoying their new home as the locals do. Some drawing more attention than others."
ZfarnExercise.png

"A darker side of the Zfarn is their prison and military systems. While the Zfarn use a mainly drone based defense force, like many other species, there are still some times where a body is needed on the ground, to do things that drones alone can not. To this end, the Zfarn look at their prisoners. It would be foolish to believe that a peaceful and spiritual race like the Zfarn don't have criminals, they exist, just like everywhere else in the galaxy. However, most criminals are dangerous xenophobic dissidents and have in the past been willing to kill alien visitors to keep their homeworld pure.

Most are rehabilitated and offered therapy before returned to society, but there are a few for whom that is no longer an option. These individuals are electronically lobotomised and undergo extensive cybernetic treatment. Whole limbs are replaced, organs are enhanced, senses upgraded before they are sent against the very worst threats. Most are killed and redeemed. Some go missing, and few mourn them, if any. In the eyes of other Zfarn, they are no longer a threat to their civilisation. But on occasion, in one of the many hidden and forgotten fringe markets, you might find a Zfarn slave for sale. Oh sure, most the military grade cybernetics have been removed and replaced with civilian models, but the lobot-collars are still there. And a Zfarn slave always goes for a high price."

ZfarnPrisoner.png

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
Ok, so... I don't have a high end video card yet. I can do quick renders if I keep the scenes more simple. My problem that I've been having is rendering with the denoiser. I can get a couple to work then it stops. I either have to reboot my computer or reinitialize my video card. Tonight I found another solution and I hope it can help others that are having the same issue as I was. I found an external nvidia AI denoiser. You can find it here:

What prompted me to find this tonight is that I was making an animation and the built in denoiser cut out after several frames. It was becoming a pain in the rear to keep reinitializing my card, reloading DAZ, reloading the scene and starting the render back up. So I found the external denoiser and then made a batch file to process the frames that still needed processing.

I unpacked the program into d:\denoise then made a folder in there called "1" which is where it will put the denoised pictures. I copy all the pictures I need to process in d:\denoise. The following batch will find all the .png files in that folder, process them into d:\denoise\1 then delete the original pictures. You can't have any spaces in the file name.

As you can see, it does the job quickly:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here's the denoisenow.bat you will need to make in the denoiser folder:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Original:
estrid with fairy riding tongue101.png
Denoised:
estrid-with-fairy-riding-tongue101.png

• Hey there
Reactions: bb888

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The Denoiser needs arround 500 MB VRAM allocated for a UHD Frame you have to calculate this into your Render Budget

Last edited:

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So I was wondering for a while how to get all that awesome micronormal detail the 8.1 brings to the table. To nobody's surprise, rendering at high res is the trick. So, I imitated the camera that I used for the camera settings on the render, a Canon 90D. Problem is, with a 35.2 megapixel resolution in the APS-C sensor, that translates to a 6960x4640 image resolution in a 3x2 aspect ratio.

So I set that for the render target and started the render. About 10h in and it's at 23% of Convergence with a convergence ratio of 99.8%. While this process would result in an amazing image, that if used with the correct settings and good lighting would be as close to a photograph as possible (the quality of the assets would be the limiting factor for a photorealistic result), the render itself would take me about..5 days on a 6700HQ cpu.

So I stopped the render, dropped the image res down to 2560x1707 and did some manual denoising/bluring in photoshop. And while I /will/ do the full render once I'm happy with how it looks, for now I'll leave it at that and attempt to fix the few issues I have. One, is the classic problem with stockings. They float. Another, is that I haven't added the freckles yet (still trying to find a good product that works with 8.1 figures), and lastly, I need to do something with the nails. They look like simple black shapes right now, no surface details on them.

And for those interested, scene is lit with 1 diffuser, 90x90 cm with a 20d hex grid for directionality, set at around 3m away from the model with a 45 degree angle looking down and back to the model's face and a simple 18cm spotlight at the back for some edge definition on her right side. The rest of the light is simply reflected on a very light grey infinity cove that makes up the scene. Both lights are set with emissive surfaces at real world luminance values for the type of light they are. Shutter speed at 125 with 100 ISO and f-stop at 8 with adjusted gamma.

in_progress_highres.png

This is the downrezzed image. If someone wants I can upload the render too, but I didn't yet, since the file is about 60mb in size.

Any suggestions on how I can make it better? And I'm not talking about the model itself or the pose, but as far as lighting goes or suggestions about the rendering process to make it more in line with a real photography set. For example, I know in Blender I have the option to change the dynamic range to filmic, which takes it from 8 stops to 25 stops. That would result in a much better image, more realistic and without me having to mess with the gamma of the image. Is there such an option anywhere in iray? Whether baked into Daz or as a plugin?

Eventually in my quest for photorealism (which means exactly what the word says, not what people mean by it colloquially), I will end up rendering the final result in Blender. Most likely with Luxcore too instead of cycles, but I'm a long way away from that yet. I don't even know how to convert the materials from BSDF to whatever Luxcore uses. So until I'm 100% finished with the model and materials in Iray, I'll be sticking to Daz rendering. Then possibly cycles with the use of Diffeomorphic but that's a ways off still.

Fun fact, at the original size I'm rendering at of 4640x6960, the size of it when at 100% is really damn close to a real life size of a person.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes