3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

noytor

Mar 3, 2019
Hey, I'm pretty new with Daz3D and still learning. In my last renders I've begun seeing some weird stuff and need help :x

Problem #1: Dicktator looking weird when I tried to make it look limp. Where did I messed up?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I guess you have applied too many sliders making it end up flat. Check in "3-Pose preset" (in Dicktator Genitalia parameters) there is some morphs to make it look flaccid.
Problem #2: Dicktator again. Textures aren't really looking good. I'm already using the IRAY textures that come with the plugin. How can I make it look more realistic/detailed?
It looks like you don't have a shell or didn't apply any material to the shell. You have to select 3_Dicktator_Shell then go into 2_Iray folder and load a texture with the "Dicktator shell" selected in the Scene tab.
And for the 3rd problem: Textures again I guess. I have an Acicia character and was trying to a close up shot. I ended up with bad looking skin. Tried pushing the Render SubD Level to the maximum but it didn't do anything. Tips?
I'm not sure because I don't have the character but I believe you don't have the right skin, that looks pretty bad even for a non-hd character.

You should ask in 3d software help thread for a better answer

Reactions: theKimb

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Probably not going to post for a while after this. I want to work on some custom stuff for the character, but I lack the incentive apparently since I keep pushing it further and further down the line.

Said stuff are..

1) Custom skin textures based on TexturingXYZ.
2) Custom freckles shell because I haven't found one yet that I like.
3) SSS. Either triple-layered setup (dermis/epidermis/back scatter), or change the default shader to accept a colored map instead of a color value (no idea how to do that yet), or failing either of those, spend an eternity testing with the default sliders to get something..that at least looks okay, if not accurate by any means.
4) Skeleton beneath the skin so the SSS (whichever method I manage to use) works properly when a bright light is shone behind say the finger or the nose bridge.
5) Something or other with the eyes because I don't like the look of the model/shader.
6) If I manage to figure out making shaders in Daz, a proper hair shader with melanin as the source for the color, instead of a texture or a color value.

And more, but these are the ones with priority. The rest are some custom accessories and tattoos.

Siobhan_2.png

PS. If anyone knows how to help with the list above, especially configuring a custom shader, please share.
PS2. Because I forgot. That's a straight Iray render, no postwork was applied.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
That is correct but if you do it inloop you need additional GPU resources at the time of the render that you can save out of loop for the overall Scene complexity.

Thus why some go the Post way of Denoising and overall in case of Nvidias AI Denoise which works very simple on the Final Output itself spatially and no other 3D layer via IRay neither spatial nor temporal bellow it, it shouldn't matter much for your final result at all.

But you will be able to render a more complex spatial scene with those saved resources at render time and avoid a possible CPU fallback of IRay on a more complex scene Setup giving you a bit more headroom when you need it (mostly on the edge of your physical usable system resources).
This is exactly the reason I use a post render external denoiser.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
only this way i could render my high complex results on my 970/1080 back then if i wouldn't have been smartly managing resources up to the shader level i would have lost with iRay and none of these complex renders would have been possible at all with all it's limitations setup by Nvidia as well for Daz Prosumer usage ontop of that and it's even more extreme limits for Human Rendering which they overthought now finally a bit ;)
You don't want to know how often i cried after the next crash or CPU fallback stood up again and said i wont give up i will finish this somehow and then you crawl down on your last feet to the MDL layer at some time ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kantanshi
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes