3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Went for a third one but went too fast and wrong lol, too late to redo.
Raw render for posterity.
I like it a lot actually. If I had one critique it'd be that the image seems blown out. And I'm not talking about tone mapping itself, but specifically for the bloom. With the bloom removed it'd look like a cozy summer mid day.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I like it a lot actually. If I had one critique it'd be that the image seems blown out. And I'm not talking about tone mapping itself, but specifically for the bloom. With the bloom removed it'd look like a cozy summer mid day.
Scene is alright for the time I put (imho, more or less). Doesn't look like it, but lightning is 100% awful tho. Terribad pixel convergence so brute-forced result, crappy noise in sensible area, un-milkable skin detail, barely workable postwork render. Sometime you must admit you were wrong and should redo that \o/

Reactions: tdree and atheran

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Scene is alright for the time I put (imho, more or less). Doesn't look like it, but lightning is 100% awful tho. Terribad pixel convergence so brute-forced result, crappy noise in sensible area, un-milkable skin detail, barely workable postwork render. Sometime you must admit you were wrong and should redo that \o/
Well, I thought that was the result you were going for. High key and washed out. If you wanted a realistic render then yes, it needs more work. Then again, keep in mind the scene. As a viewer, I assume I'm at 2-3 meters away from her. Now I know that my eyesight isn't 20/20, hell it isn't even 12/12 but at that distance, I don't expect to see any high frequency detail on the skin. I know it's a rabbit hole, and hell..check half my posts here and you'll easily notice I'm guilty as charged, but at that distance, if I saw any skin pores or vellus hair, it'd definitely be physically inaccurate. Especially considering the /very/ strong light washing over her.

As for the noise..Either run a denoiser on the saved render, or just learn to live with it. Leaving most of my renders to converge 100% and over 5000 samples, even in flat lighting conditions I still get tons of noise.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes