3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Dsnuts

Mar 15, 2018
Hopefully will be the start of a comic series I hope to do. Positioning the camera a bit different, tweaked the lighting a bit, and wrote out some text. The guy drinking is a character, the rest are billboards. Render time was 10 minutes at 4k, resized and slightly colored/sharpened in Photoshop and text added in there as well. Thoughts?

View attachment 201009
I think it looks cool. I cant render a single person with two walls in 10 minutes so that alone is impressive and Im jealous. I've got to say though that a place called the Jazz Corner would never ever be as well lit as this place. And whats up with Mac Rader? Hes got 5 beers on the table and none in his hand which looks like its holding a beer?

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
I think it looks cool. I cant render a single person with two walls in 10 minutes so that alone is impressive and Im jealous. I've got to say though that a place called the Jazz Corner would never ever be as well lit as this place. And whats up with Mac Rader? Hes got 5 beers on the table and none in his hand which looks like its holding a beer?
Good points, the light is so it renders faster but you're totally right. Not very jazzy. He's holding a whiskey buy I think I need to change his other hand so it doesn't look like he should be holding something else.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
the render quality on this is amazing, what you use for render settings?
The render settings are nothing special, pretty much the default. The trick is in the lighting, tweaking the surfaces and the use of an "environment box" to scatter some of the light. The scene configuration and additional information is in the spoiler below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
The render settings are nothing special, pretty much the default. The trick is in the lighting, tweaking the surfaces and the use of an "environment box" to scatter some of the light. The scene configuration and additional information is in the spoiler below.
really appreciate the detailed reply and the tips, doubt I use environment box even if I did have it, trying to keep render time down.

Did adjust camera I using to settings you provided and adjusted shutter speed as well on render settings.

I just use a basic distant light, as am pretty much doing 2d image, so that seems to work but didn't see any HDRI settings on it, unless I missed it but maybe you not using distant light.

Sadly lights knowledge is one thing am lacking in, I can light a subject with direct light easy enough but more to it than just that though.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
so using some of Xavster's suggestions , camera and shutter speed setting, this is image I just rendered.

testimagebeforerendfinish.png

interesting note, render was at 13% when I stopped render and got this image, took 1 hour 30 mins to get this image, so why I stopped, think I set shutter speed much higher as render time for my old PC is to high.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
...IMO you should rework it by reducing a bit the contrast and operating on the lightness curves! The fact is that a lot of details get lost with a plain monochrome conversion, so...
I have updated the to enhance the contrast and the detail level... I have also played with the notion of perception (moonlight... blue light)... That last point was an experience...

Reactions: Roman DeVil

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
Just for fun, here is a black and white version :

UPDATE: ...to be honest... not so black anymore
View attachment 201679
...definitely better! :) The contrast scheme still stays on, but the girl now seems to be more "alive", more intense... i don't know if i made myself clear!
Moreover, the old version, compared with the "blueish" new one, looks like passed thru a sepia filter...!
Very good work! ;)

Reactions: mcmania
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes