3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I suspect you will need to regenerate the skin. To confirm this, select the character, go to surfaces and select a freckled surface (eg Surfaces\Char Name\Surfaces\Torso). Then hover over the image in the base color bar. This will provide the location of the texture map, which can then open in a image editor to see exactly what you are working with.

Note: From what I understand about LIE, it still over-writes the base colour texture, hence you can only reverse if you have the address of the texture map prior to the LIE being applied.
You can use the layerd image editor to remove the layer with freckles. (Same goes for a lot of macke up and tatoo packs) It basicaly ads a layer on top of the skin.
Works realy nice.

Loys

Game Developer
Oct 19, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well, I don't think it looks like complete shit, but I'm getting there.

I do need to reduce someshow the rendering time though.
Nice one! (y) A bit dark though... Do you use .HDR as a light source? Or maybe a distant light? Anyway, i would give the scene more light. I usually go to 'Tone mapping' in Render Settings pane and change 'F/Stop' parameter to 2-3. Also i use Daz 4.11 Beta. It has very good denoiser which helps to reduce rendering time significantly.

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Nice one! (y) A bit dark though... Do you use .HDR as a light source? Or maybe a distant light? Anyway, i would give the scene more light. I usually go to 'Tone mapping' in Render Settings pane and change 'F/Stop' parameter to 2-3. Also i use Daz 4.11 Beta. It has very good denoiser which helps to reduce rendering time significantly.
Still learing how to optimize iray, lightning positions, etc. The light source came with the enviroment. And yes, it's dark, even though it's was supposed to be a morning sun simulation

Reactions: Loys

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
characterskydomeheader.png

so this is basically 6 different images I rendered in daz studio, and combined together in photoshop. I used sky dome default settings, so the characters are basically outside at specifically 6PM, just no buildings at all. what you think?

Its more of a test run for a header on website.

from left to right, Sally Hamilton, Melinda Merkins, Darren Fillerbron, Emma Warburton, Eric Butterfield, Jasmine Aferson

I plan to do more characters but Melinda, Darren, Emma and Eric will be in my first game, which will be small test run, granted I can find path/road assets I can use.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Hopefully will be the start of a comic series I hope to do. Positioning the camera a bit different, tweaked the lighting a bit, and wrote out some text. The guy drinking is a character, the rest are billboards. Render time was 10 minutes at 4k, resized and slightly colored/sharpened in Photoshop and text added in there as well. Thoughts?

1. Bar Establishing.jpg

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
...IMO you should rework it by reducing a bit the contrast and operating on the lightness curves! The fact is that a lot of details get lost with a plain monochrome conversion, so...
Thank you for your comment. I liked the high contrast of the b&w version but I agree with you : background details are lost... I will try to rework it to enhance the details...

Reactions: Roman DeVil
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes