3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
This time, I didn't even bother trying to upload the 4k.
Also, I might want to stay away from DoF blur during render. Takes forever and a half and I'm not convinced it's as good as Nik's collection's filters that are lightning fast while still trying to emulate a proper camera/lens combo.

View attachment 1690135

But I DO need to find a better skin/freckles combination. I really don't like how the skin looks here and the freckles? That's just like someone spray painted them on her.

A really cute character, & nice to see slim natural girls, here. Have you tried

• Ultimate Freckles for Genesis 8 and 3 Females and Males by philw

Feb 23, 2020
Th
I've got a better rig coming next month and plan on expanding my learning curve, there's a lot of assets you'd need, It's quite a long list. What I do is look at Daz3d vendors like Zeddicus for morphs, glute utilities is a must and body diversity allows you to add shape that don't increase or decrease breasts allowing you to mould them to your taste. I love the skins on Vicey3d's figures from renderosity and some of them also have body shapes I like to work with that enhance areas like the glutes etc. with some realistic results. Deviantart has free morphs from people like Magnus1781, TritiumCG and more. Tenen71 has some free full characters including skin and some which include hair. I'm still learning myself, I know what I like and can pull shapes that please my eye, I just can't incorporate scenes and more than one character on this absolutely tin pot laptop.
Thank you my friend for giving me a direction with so many asset reference. I would definitely play around with these assets and morphs and hopefully will come up with my own dream character :love:

Thanks and would love to see more from you !!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I may be old and half blind, but I'm not seeing a difference.
Tell that to the others in here. I just posted clear evidence backing up what I said, and they still argue against it. Whatever. My advice is aimed at those of us who do not have deep wallets and are stuck with a low end card and FHD 1080P rendering. I just posted the proof and they ignore it.

What else can I say? I posted my own honest tests with an HDRI background (as one of them suggested, my tests uses an HDRI background) and the proof is in them.

I'm not saying everyone should use it, if you have the hardware and t he time to wait, by all means, avoid denoising, you probably get fast renders anyhow, but for the rest of us, denoising is a fast alternative which produces some really nice results, really fast and for me, as seen in my example I posted, I see NO DIFFERENCE. Period.

Also notice I wasn't attacking anyone in MY POSTS, I originally posted in order to help someone who was having slow render times and MY post was attacked by the anti-denoising zealots in here. I didn't attack anyone, I tried to help, but I may not bother to help anyone again in here if this is what I get for my efforts.

Last edited:

InfamousRebel

Jul 20, 2018
Th

Thank you my friend for giving me a direction with so many asset reference. I would definitely play around with these assets and morphs and hopefully will come up with my own dream character :love:

Thanks and would love to see more from you !!
Happy to help. This laptop is so temperamental that results vary and I bin off so many half rendered images and give it a rest for days. Can't wait to get the new rig.

Reactions: rasikamehra051

Fotsirk

Jan 2, 2019
I think that Night Hacker has made his point. Picture A was NOT denoised. The title of the picture was "Wanda_at_the_Beach_-_45m.png". So, it took 45 min. to render. Picture B title was "Wanda_at_the_Beach_-5m.png". My assumption was that Picture B WAS denoised, thus took 5 minutes to render, and picture A, NOT denoised and took 45 min. to render.
Haha fair enough! I didn't even think to look at the picture names. That's odd though, when I zoomed in on Pic A it was blurry. Hmm maybe the denoiser adds sharpening? I don't quite understand how denoising works exactly, so idk if that's standard or not.

Fotsirk

Jan 2, 2019
Also, I apologize for starting what seems to be a major argument lol please everyone let's relax and enjoy each other's work! Like I said before, I do appreciate all your help :) Denoising is certainly helpful for lower end GPU crowd, but I definitely want to get a better GPU so I don't have to rely on it or feel like I need to use it to shorten rendering times. Does that make sense?

Besides, I'm a big PC gamer too, so having a newer and beefier GPU helps with that as well hehe

Hitomi-1_1_n.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Also, I apologize for starting what seems to be a major argument lol please everyone let's relax and enjoy each other's work! Like I said before, I do appreciate all your help :) Denoising is certainly helpful for lower end GPU crowd, but I definitely want to get a better GPU so I don't have to rely on it or feel like I need to use it to shorten rendering times. Does that make sense?

Besides, I'm a big PC gamer too, so having a newer and beefier GPU helps with that as well hehe

View attachment 1690518
You didn't start anything. You mentioned the slower render times and I tried to give helpful advice. I was punished for trying to help. I'll try not to help again in the future.

The way I look at things, if you're rendering an image for a visual novel, the majority of people viewing it in a VN will have 1080P monitors and will look at each image probably not much more than a minute as they flip through the VN pages. They certainly won't be zooming in. I have seen some pretty speckled images at only 720P and honestly, I was fine with it.

I guess it all depends on who your target audience is. Personally, I'm not willing to wait an hour for an image I can get in only 5mins, especially if you have to zoom in and examine the pixels to see the difference.

Anyhow, be careful trying to help people in here, you may get attacked for it. I'll refrain from helping again, it's not worth it.

Nice render anyhow.

Reactions: Fotsirk
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes