3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

acusrola

May 30, 2020
I've seen in the previous posts that some people have problem with making changes to the default interface of Daz.
I have Daz 4.20 installed and for me it seems that it saves the changes I make properly.
I did change to the HIGHWAY preset though, maybe that makes a difference...
I had this exact issue immediately after updating to 4.20.xxx (dunno the exact version, hopefully it's been fixed). I took a look around the folder where daz saves the interface files and found that daz only saved one out of three needed for the whole save.

Reactions: DimS40

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I have 4.16 installed on my server, but it isn't in an upgrade DIM package, I didn't think to do that until this 4.20 mess, so I have 4.20.0.5 and 4.20.0.6 saved off.

Not everyone had issues, I also had issues with rendering, a lot of assets that rely on translucency would render black no matter what color you chose. Right now I am using 4.20.0.6 and that seems to work as expected. It is a Public Beta and installs alongside the release version, and it can run at the same time as the release version.

Reactions: jfredy78

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
hey i been looking at daz and its so confusing how people get so many good characters, i looked and there is only one girl in the gen 8 thing, only 2 pieces of clothing.. does every character, clothing piece need to be bought? is there any way to dramatically change a character? or do some people literally make one from scratch?

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
hey i been looking at daz and its so confusing how people get so many good characters, i looked and there is only one girl in the gen 8 thing, only 2 pieces of clothing.. does every character, clothing piece need to be bought? is there any way to dramatically change a character? or do some people literally make one from scratch?
Hi, don't worry. Try to be patient. The things you have after a clean install are the basic things, only. There are tons of assets with characters, clothing, morphs, textures, props, and lightning shaders on different plattforms. Just google it. Then you will find out how to buy and get this assets and can try to experiment.

On YouTube you can learn how to shape, pose, dress a character. And many other things. Just search for these tags. You need to invest time for that.

Then you will be able to customize a character. It will not happen in one day, but it's worth it I think. Good luck and a lot of success! ✌

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
search this forum for DAZ assets ..... you'll be busy dowloading a long time... lol

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Hi, don't worry. Try to be patient. The things you have after a clean install are the basic things, only. There are tons of assets with characters, clothing, morphs, textures, props, and lightning shaders on different plattforms. Just google it. Then you will find out how to buy and get this assets and can try to experiment.

On YouTube you can learn how to shape, pose, dress a character. And many other things. Just search for these tags. You need to invest time for that.

Then you will be able to customize a character. It will not happen in one day, but it's worth it I think. Good luck and a lot of success! ✌

it seems very overwhelming, i found one video where it talked about getting your first character, changing their styles and stuff. it was the genesis 8 woman. finally figured out i can change the body shape on the side without having to stretch bits lol.

its very very limited with clothing though, when i get used to it id definitely like to buy a couple different characters and maybe clothing but need to see which would be best for the money..

is there anything anyone would advise is must have? like is there any plug ins or things that go with this that could really help or any certain characters that can be made to look very different where you get more out of it?

appreciate the help i will look into those things you said

Reactions: Zavijava_

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
it seems very overwhelming, i found one video where it talked about getting your first character, changing their styles and stuff. it was the genesis 8 woman. finally figured out i can change the body shape on the side without having to stretch bits lol.

its very very limited with clothing though, when i get used to it id definitely like to buy a couple different characters and maybe clothing but need to see which would be best for the money..

is there anything anyone would advise is must have? like is there any plug ins or things that go with this that could really help or any certain characters that can be made to look very different where you get more out of it?

appreciate the help i will look into those things you said
As I wrote befire, you need to watch tutorials how to implement all the assets and how to use them. And you also have a lot of free stuff on the internet. There is also a lot of pirated high quality stuff. If you use that, too, I would recommend to support the creators of these assets, if their assets will give you a benefit and if you will use them often. If think I would be only fair. But first, you should start with free content I think. Don´t give out money for things you will not use in the future.

Depending on the assets you will download, the download time and size will be very different. The more textures, the more MB/GB. Morphs, Poses are very small files with 1 - 10 MB. If you are motivated enough, you will find everything you want and start to do what you want. Furthermore, you should check the F95 forum. There is a lot of stuff, too.

And there are many devs and experts who give you advices and can help you with different problems. But I would recommend you to try out a lot by your own. And make the first steps before you contact someone with a difficult problem. Many devs dont have the time to explain you every little detail. This is something you need to consider. But again, if you show some potential, you will get support, from devs and from followers. (y)

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
As I wrote befire, you need to watch tutorials how to implement all the assets and how to use them. And you also have a lot of free stuff on the internet. There is also a lot of pirated high quality stuff. If you use that, too, I would recommend to support the creators of these assets, if their assets will give you a benefit and if you will use them often. If think I would be only fair. But first, you should start with free content I think. Don´t give out money for things you will not use in the future.

Depending on the assets you will download, the download time and size will be very different. The more textures, the more MB/GB. Morphs, Poses are very small files with 1 - 10 MB. If you are motivated enough, you will find everything you want and start to do what you want. Furthermore, you should check the F95 forum. There is a lot of stuff, too.

And there are many devs and experts who give you advices and can help you with different problems. But I would recommend you to try out a lot by your own. And make the first steps before you contact someone with a difficult problem. Many devs dont have the time to explain you every little detail. This is something you need to consider. But again, if you show some potential, you will get support, from devs and from followers. (y)
if i ever got free stuff and ended up using it for something big i would 100% go and buy it properly. i just want stuff to kind of mess around with and see if i like doing it. is there anywhere in particular you would say to go to get good characters or clothing for them? yeah id rather not pay for stuff right away lol

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
if i ever got free stuff and ended up using it for something big i would 100% go and buy it properly. i just want stuff to kind of mess around with and see if i like doing it. is there anywhere in particular you would say to go to get good characters or clothing for them? yeah id rather not pay for stuff right away lol
https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-releases.95/

Everything else you can google with tags like daz3d, content, poses, characters, genesis g8, clothing, ...

Reactions: D9074
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes