3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

maxxxboy

Dec 9, 2017

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I'm still trying to find out.
Sometimes 7 minutes passed with the same parameters.
The closer you get to 98-100% the longer it takes.
I have seen renders by myself go to 30 or 40% in about 5-10 mins and then it takes an hour to get to 60%.
The initial build-up of the scene is usualy relatively quick.
I have seen some exception where my renders took 30-40 mins to get to 1% but this usualy involves extensive lighting with many subtle light sources instead of a standard 3 point light setup. Things like fot etc can also realy slow down stuff as well.

Often i simply stop the render at 95% or even lower as i see there wont be much or any improvement done.

Reactions: maxxxboy

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Save for some awful errors (WHY DID I MAKE THE BOTTOM OF THE DRESS TRASPARENT?!) I think this is probably the best thing I've ever made, certainly hits the most realism points.

3.Flogging.png

Straight beauty
0.Beauty_Pre.png
Bloom
1.Beauty_Bloom.png
A little post work
2.Beauty_Post.png
A whole steaming pile of post work
3.Flogging.png

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Sometimes i dont get it:
Screenshot_1.jpg

The result only scaled the image down from 4096 to 1440 width then adjusted the lighting a bit and contast:
Sahel bass.jpg
Still find it a bit grainy but maybe i did something wrong with the DOF... Turned out better then how it looked in the daz preview pane.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Reworked the Bobbie character I posted earlier to create a teen version. (full sized image is attached).
Bobbie Teen 01S.jpg

Still find it a bit grainy but maybe i did something wrong with the DOF... Turned out better then how it looked in the daz preview pane.
Great work on the character, clothing and composition.

I wouldn't get too worried about the reported convergence, it's the final result that counts. I suspect this largely results from the light coming in through the windows. Given a high proportion of the light is refracted through the window prior to hitting the first interior surface, the convergence will always be poor.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Great work on the character, clothing and composition.

I wouldn't get too worried about the reported convergence, it's the final result that counts. I suspect this largely results from the light coming in through the windows. Given a high proportion of the light is refracted through the window prior to hitting the first interior surface, the convergence will always be poor.
Maybe I am just to picky/critical on myself... Thanks for the compliment though. I do like the composition as well. Wanted to create a rock video vibe in an old gothic like library.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes