3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
In this instance, you might be better off to make a primitive, add dForce and work from there, just for something that looks more natural.
Good advice. The thought crossed my mind, and I still may try it. I had the idea of making a primitive (as a tutorial I watched showed actually) and then applying the same texture and normal maps to it... I might still try that.

I was impressed at how easy it was to do and the simulation didn't take as long as I thought it would on my system.

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
In this instance, you might be better off to make a primitive, add dForce and work from there, just for something that looks more natural.
Good advice. The thought crossed my mind, and I still may try it. I had the idea of making a primitive (as a tutorial I watched showed actually) and then applying the same texture and normal maps to it... I might still try that.

I was impressed at how easy it was to do and the simulation didn't take as long as I thought it would on my system.
What's the difference between using a primitive and using the original asset?

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
What's the difference between using a primitive and using the original asset?
This is entirely my own opinion and is subjective. Just saying this now before some pedant later chimes in with "Actually..."

You have a little bit more control and freedom of how the primitive is used. Just to use Night Hacker's previous image as an example - take a look at the feet-end corners of the sheet. They look like they're tucked in under the mattress, despite being clearly in use. Sheets don't act like that. They get pulled up, moved around and more.

Not to mention that some original assets don't support dForce shaping.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
This is entirely my own opinion and is subjective. Just saying this now before some pedant later chimes in with "Actually..."

You have a little bit more control and freedom of how the primitive is used. Just to use Night Hacker's previous image as an example - take a look at the feet-end corners of the sheet. They look like they're tucked in under the mattress, despite being clearly in use. Sheets don't act like that. They get pulled up, moved around and more.

Not to mention that some original assets don't support dForce shaping.
How would you go about manipulating the primitive to emulate the movements of the blanket? I'm imagining just a flat, straight surface and applying dForce.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes