3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Trying out idle animation with cloth sim and wind. Kinda stumped on how i could make a looping animation with the simulation working as it does. If anyone has any ideas or work arounds let me know.
You need to export the frames of your simulation as obj's, then import them back as morphs, one slider per frame. Then you can try to come up with an animation that loops using those sliders.

For example if you have 30 frames of animation, you can leave the first 15 frames alone and replace the last 15 frames with those first 15 frames, but backwards. Then the last and the first frame will match perfectly and you have a loop.

Reactions: grohotor

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Trying out idle animation with cloth sim and wind. Kinda stumped on how i could make a looping animation with the simulation working as it does. If anyone has any ideas or work arounds let me know.
Not sure if this helps or even applies but:
I create my initial pose in Daz, jump ahead X spaces in the timeline, make a new pose, then jump ahead Y spaces in the timeline and make the last pose the same as the initial pose. Then I play with the intermediate spaces to add effects.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Not sure if this helps or even applies but:
I create my initial pose in Daz, jump ahead X spaces in the timeline, make a new pose, then jump ahead Y spaces in the timeline and make the last pose the same as the initial pose. Then I play with the intermediate spaces to add effects.
oh yea, thats a given. cloth simulations don't play nice like that though. i took the video and played it in reverse again so it gets back to where it started. its not perfect. Its still a bit noticeable where it starts going in reverse but if i designed it in such a way that at the end there is less motion i think i can get the reverse motion to not be so noticeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: clowns234

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
I just want to know, how have you tackled the sand on her skin? Have you used a Geoshell? L.I.E with normals/bump map? Particle projection or even actual mesh/objects?
with this set of hair you find the geoshell, then work on it, I always prefer to use photoshop, I gave a slight blur ... otherwise it gives a good and realistic effect, with patience it is an effect that can also be created with brushes. .overlay ..texture, it always depends on how you are used to working

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes